Reviews for Crimson
Erlkoenigin chapter 2 . 4/23/2012
Schon die erste Zeile, bzw der erste Satz ist ganz wunderbar. Und dann flie├čt alles melodisch dahin. Sicher eines deiner besten Gedichte!
Nebelfee chapter 2 . 4/21/2012
I suppose this is what other people think about me because I find it hard to trust people poem gives me an idea how peope around me might feel!
Gleechumber chapter 2 . 4/21/2012
This piece is truly inspiring.
Getuie chapter 2 . 4/21/2012
How wonderful that to God love is a verb... So that no one can deny the love He feels towards us as action after action, sacrifice after sacrifice shows it to be true. The poem is well written. I like the fact that it focuses on one perspective, but reveals two.
Rose Dark Thorn chapter 2 . 4/21/2012
This so reaminds me of two people. Someone who love a girl, but the girl refuses to believe that love can be kind.
Toondra chapter 2 . 4/21/2012
sweet poem, I like it lots!
Eirien chapter 1 . 12/29/2004
No offense meant, but I value the opinion of those other 14 reviewers, some of them among the most renowned writers on this site, and especially the opinion of the person the poem was written for, much higher than that of a 13-year-old who hasn't even understood the content or message of the poem. Yes, the "down"-movement is intentional, and the very point is that, although in this relationship the equality should be even more balanced towards the speaker, because God is the speaker and the addressed person is only human, nevertheless Love subordinates itself because that is the nature of true love, at least Jesus' love, to lay everything, himself at the feet of the beloved and want to bear all the beloved's pain, exchanging it for his own life and joy. To value the beloved so highly as to serve her and lay all his holiness in tenderness at her feet. I have felt this love while the poem came to me, and not only did it bring me to tears and was an experience I will never forget in my life, but also would I die to vouch for the truth of it. Well, someone who doesn't see the symbolism in lilies, which have been regarded as an image of purity, for instance, over the centuries, might not be that competent to judge a poem of this kind anyway ...
jdehn chapter 1 . 12/29/2004
nice though I might have changed some of the wording. "pluck" for example, just doesn't seem to fit in with the flow. And why you're bringing everything down. ex-flows down, pours down, feet..the sense that you're bowing? not so appealing, because if you mean to have a relationship then you should be looked at as being , why you have the two different kinds of flowers. Roses I can see having alot of meaning in them, but lilies... Another thing "bed you"...though the bit about a path amoung thorns I like. no escape
Gauy chapter 1 . 9/11/2004
I find this to be a very beautiful poem. It reminds me of one losing their virginity with the person they love. I'm sure the poem has a whole different meaning though.
However, I read somewhere that if a piece of writing has a certain meaning or significance to you then it isn't necessarily wrong even if the author's orginal intention was differnt. I guess it has it's boundries though but I don't know. It's beautiful all the same. *adds to favorites*
Ivriniel chapter 1 . 9/11/2004
Like the German version its just perfect. The images are wonderful.
I'm Sorry chapter 1 . 6/24/2004
wonderful. I love it.
Gleechumber chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
Woah... this is just amazing. I've just read it through three times over, and the "wow" factor is still there. I love the way the two verses are set out, very similar but different words. I especially like "my naked feet seek a path for you among the thorns." Amazing... this is going on my favourites.
Getuie chapter 1 . 5/9/2004
I'm going to be a thief and steal a word that another reviewer used *winks* ... it just describes it well.
Sensual. The poem just makes you so physically aware of the love that is at the person's doorstep. One can feel the longing expressed by the speaker... To be the comforted, the lover, the guide, the protector.
Beautiful
Rose Dark Thorn chapter 1 . 5/5/2004
So beautiful...
Truthfully, that's all I can think of saying.
You are truly brilliant.
Rose of Darkness 666 chapter 1 . 4/13/2004
"Tears of living water"...I love that. Have you ever been published in a book or something?