Reviews for Why do you judge?
Death's Champion chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
I am grateful to you for writing this. Long have I felt angry at those who said that same sex marriage was a sin. Really makes me want to hate God, or at least the image of a God that people created, too. Though that is an entirely different topic. Thank you for supporting us.
loner wolf 1 chapter 1 . 8/3/2005
dude i kno people can be so closed minded im bi i kno how it is too
Velvet Reverie chapter 1 . 6/20/2004
Hm...I totally understand. I mean, who really gives a crap if two people form the same gender are getting married? [Well obviously a lot of people but lets put them aside for a moment, for they have been in the lime light for FAR too long.] I know I don't care as long as the two are happy together and that they treat eachother right and with the lvoe and respect they both deserve. I have an uncle who chose not to get married and people will talk about him [even at family events] and then they ask me what I think. And do you know what I say? "WHO THE HECK GIVES A FIG IF HE'S STRAIGHT OR NOT? DEFFINATELY NOT ME!" Becuase that's exactly it; I don't care as long as he's happy. Anywho, enough about my life story. I like this one and I KNOW I'll read it at least 10 times before I die. GOOD JOB!
-morbid child of the family-
Liebe Sasa chapter 1 . 5/14/2004
Your thoughts are explicated in the most lovely way. I quite enjoyed it. ;
Thank you for reviewing my stories.
~Sasa
S.J Will chapter 1 . 5/8/2004
Perfect. That is everything I tell people everyday. It was well writin and 100% true. you sould send it to that asshole bush!
Daxac chapter 1 . 4/9/2004
Good poem...and about the poem black-achlys34 worte about one of her best friends isnt quit true...i hope u dont write like that
not to be rude or anythin' shes my friend and i know what shes like
Bull chapter 1 . 3/29/2004
and of course you know i love that one.. :-) you should check this out
what if it was a gay world?
Dae Winter chapter 1 . 3/20/2004
*applaudes*
I love this piece! Its true, to the point, and very hard to counter arguement without appearing to be completely clueless and ignorant.
I think youve argued a flawless case! Mind if i use some of these quotes for future arguements? *grins*
Congrats, and keep up the good work!
David
_
Satan's Little Helper chapter 1 . 3/19/2004
Okay, I'm going to put forth enormous effort and try to represent the other side.
"Homosexuality is a detestable sin, mentioned all of 4 times in the Bible, and those who engage in it deserve to be second class citizens. We cannot afford to condone their actions, though we can condone illegal imprisonment of Muslim citizens and the use of Government recorded propaganda messages presented as news briefs extolling the virtues of Bush's Medicare plan (have you heard about that? Most people haven't.). Love between two men is an abomination. When God said love your neighbor, he didn't mean homosexuals. Marriage is about producing children (except infertile couples and people who don't want to have children are allowed to marry). We are created equal by God, who would not intend for us to abuse our freedoms by being attracted to people of the same gender."
Isn't it sad that this logic has 70% of our country convinced gay marriage is wrong? We're lucky Bush is only playing to his fanbase with his amendment, because if he were trying to get it passed it would be already. I love the idea of "Freedom for the Majority." You have to right to free speech-as long as you say the same thing as everyone else. Just like you have the god-given right to choose your religion-unless you don't choose Christianity, then you're abusing your free will. There's no such thing as freedom. If we were going to have freedom we would need tolerance, and that contradicts everything that America believe in. Anyways, good poem.. Provocative, as evidenced by the fact that I wrote an entire rant on the subject.. Realize that tolerance is not in our programming. We like to promote our own meme and tend to hate anyone who falls outside it because they are a threat to the way we view reality. Even this is an example. You are intolerant of homophobes! You don't respect their rights to be arrogant, self-righteous pricks! Will we maybe eventually achieve greater tolerance, in a relative sense? Yes. But REAL tolerance? No. We're going to have to work on this group by group. And I personally am still holding out for 'freedom from religion'.
Well farewell, feel free to email if you want to argue or ponder. Slap a dead person, SLH
SoulSister chapter 1 . 3/18/2004
I strongly applaud you and this poem. what you've said here are pretty much my thoughts exactly. you couldn't have said it any better, bravo.
Silbermond chapter 1 . 3/18/2004
That was a great poem. I love your message - it's been said before, but it can't be repeated often enough (and you said it in a quite beautiful way).
It's just sad that the people you address are most likely not going to read this, let alone think about it... But I guess that's just why things like this have to be written.
Thanks a lot.