Reviews for The Sea
moonpearl chapter 1 . 5/6/2005
aw... I love the sea! Wonderful job on displaying this, it's really very clear in my mind. It's very colorful and vivid in my mind. Beautiful!
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 10/18/2004
Lyrically wonderful. Oh the mystic ocean deep and dark—calling back our souls to primal home. m
strummychick chapter 1 . 7/1/2004
another brilliant poem,you really have a up great work!
LuthienLuin chapter 1 . 6/14/2004
Hey Linnet thanks for your latest review - you are always so kind to my poetry! And yes, I was thinking of old Mad Eye when I wrote those lines as well lol.
This poem is great first off because I love the sea and mythology, but also because of your talent for combining words that not only look and sound good together on paper, but form an illustration as well. Fav lines would have to be "But myth awakens over fact/And sirens soon will roam once more/The sea and land will break their pact/And such will be as was before." "The music of the crashing sea" reminds me of Ulmo no? Adding this one to faves.
-LuthienLuin
penumbral chapter 1 . 6/8/2004
Wow I really liked this piece(adds to faves)...the imagery is SO gorgeous, and I loved that it was about the Sirens-mythology always manages to captivate me. Awesome Job!
-Jalisco Psyche
Sloopy chapter 1 . 5/24/2004
I usually don't really dig rhymong things but that was AWSOME! A compliment from you is a huge deal! THANKS!
DreamForMoreTime chapter 1 . 4/28/2004
I loved this poem. It could be becuz I also love greek mythology, but its due to the fact that it was extreamly well written. The words had a soft smooth feeling to them. That made it flow wonderfully. Verry well done.
cosmo-queen chapter 1 . 3/19/2004
Great work. This poem truly had a magical atmosphere to it. I loved the contrast between the beginning, with its innocent descriptions, and the end, which makes you think deeply about the sea. Keep it up :)
*cosmo-queen*
Sterces chapter 1 . 3/18/2004
Well, this was certaintly a treat! Lovely rhymes and wonderful rhythm. I love finding a poem with such a clever rhyme scheme along with good rhythm as this poem here... ) Nice work!
You're a *five*star*p*et*