Reviews for Link of Longings
escapevelocityo2 chapter 3 . 4/2/2004
Hey
This is actually my review for chapter 4 which you havent put up yet but ive got special priveledges so...
DREAMS! Item of the week!
Actually, i think the word is very overused when it shouldnt be used for that.
Dreams are the natural way people process feelings they haven't dealt with.
One way of understanding your dreams is to remember that strong emotions connect us with our sense of values; the stronger your emotions, the more strongly your ties to the situation. If an issue is unimportant to you, you rarely will dream about it.
SO WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
Think about it!
Its obviousely important but you are doing it only because you wouldnt do it in reality ? No! You could, you have that potential but you're too afraid to get there. ( I'm probably no different than that... being really daring in the supressed environment we live in is second nature)
like the song goes " now that we're here so far away and I feel like I can face the day and im not ashamed to be the person that I am today."
Its so weird, sometimes I look at it and go omg! are we really alive? Is this really reality or are we just in some slow paced story? I dont know if you'd want to live in your dreams though, some things you just can't affect them. But when you've had a bad day and you just want to rest I thank god for giving us this gift to dream.
Then there's the other kind of dreaming you do in reality like i dream of being a rock star or a pharmacist *cough cough* I guess its a paradox though- to dream in reality, because reality can break up your dreams but you can also make it work, I mean if you take some of that strength and infuse it into reality and just be brave and overcome the setbacks that reality gives you... It'll happen. I can almost promise that.
Its actually funny that you say that quote. J used to say " Dreams are wrong, but reality bites too" and look where he is.
Dont you want to BITE HIM SO HARD!
ugh ok, i need to be in control of my emotions. Thats my goal for the next 2 weeks.
by the way, I'm learning " iris" from goo goo dolls on the guitar so when im ready ill play it for ya k? I know its your absolute favorite song ever!
I love you lots and keep writing
Lana
Eboniccinderella chapter 3 . 3/25/2004
I like when people tell about their lives. It is so interesting to hear!Check my story 'Elevator Music'.
Liz chapter 2 . 3/23/2004
Change can totally suck, and mess thing up for you, but It can completely and truly turn things around for the good as well. If there's one thing that I learnt from what happened to me , it was that I needed to do just that: change. You were partially what helped me get through that. To go from the incredibly obnoxious, nasty ex- cheerleader-jakes-girlfriend- social- butterfly - supposedly perfect girl to someone more mature, and understanding. I can accept people more. I spend some time analyzing before I judge them. You helped me undergo that process, you taught me that I was given a second chance. I’m going to take advantage of it. I see life differently now. It’s not to be taken for granted. As for the unexpectedness? It’s unpredictable, but it’s that unpredictability that makes life exciting. That makes MY life worth living for.
You're one of the bravest people I know, and the other thing you've taught me was that It's ok to cry, to let your emotions out, to let go, to MOVE ON. There's no way you could have affected me that way unless somewhere in the back of your soul you knew exactly what moving on, moreover, moving FORTH was about.
Yes it is true that it takes a lifetime to completely obliterate a person's from your memory. But if they left, they left for a reason. Maybe a reason unknown to you or me, but its what was meant to happen. And what's meant for you to do is to move on. BE strong. Forget about all the inconsistencies which souround you.
Oh, and this time I've got an assignment for you. See ' The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind'
*Liz Darison