Reviews for Sonnets
Guest chapter 6 . 10/22/2012
chapter 6
Anastasia Who chapter 8 . 4/25/2012
This poem was great. Awesome symbolism once again. Very good poem.
marinawings chapter 8 . 4/25/2012
i can almost picture this in my mind. excellant! reminds me sort of of pilgrim's progress or dragonraid (a christian rpg).
Caitir chapter 8 . 4/25/2012
an excellent point. normally I dislike rhyme, but this is good. very nice.
Getuie chapter 8 . 4/25/2012
I find this poem interesting... it has such a touching message, but the rhyme caught my attention. Quite different, but it works.
Deana Bell chapter 6 . 4/24/2012
Beautiful! The fact about the word poeima is really interesting. Greek is such a cool language...I wish I knew more of it.

-God bless-
Getuie chapter 6 . 4/24/2012
Such a beautiful description of what we are and the love of God in this...
Somnia chapter 6 . 4/24/2012
I LOVE this imagery! Your poem is similar to mine, called "i was that clay", though that was about pottery not poetry. Wow...respect! I got a lot out of this. Thank you

Somnia x
Sa-ah chapter 6 . 4/24/2012
This is so very beautiful. Powerful imagery... You convey Father's love for us well, though we know ultimately that mortal words shall never come close to Father's immeasurable love. Bravo, I really love tis piece!
Getuie chapter 7 . 4/24/2012
“What does it matter as long as your hand is in Mine?

You cannot shock or impress Me by all that you do!

Life is so simple, purely Mine to define:

I’m all you need, and all I want is you.”

You absolutely astound me, you know that? Wonderful... The love in this... each poem just drills it in even more...
Sa-ah chapter 7 . 4/24/2012
This nearly brought me to tears. Father's word is kind, calming, reassuring, tender, loving... So much more. But I sense that in your writings, this one in particular. Father writes through you, y'know... You're so blessed.
Erlkoenigin chapter 9 . 4/19/2012
Wieder ein sehr schönes Sonett, die Wiederholungen sind geradezu magisch.
Jareth the Monk chapter 9 . 4/19/2012
This one I really liked, its different (lines are longer) than all the other ones I've read so far. Yeah I know, that's the way sonnets are supposed to be (five beats per line, fourteen lines long). One line I would change, from "Soon now snow will fall on blackened boughs" to "Soon snow will fall on bare and blackened boughs" (matches beat). I also like the use of, err... umm... what are they called, homonyms? You know, where two or more words start with the same letter? A good example is Edgar A. Poe's "The Bells". It makes lines just roll off the tongue, like you're speaking French and it just sounds more attractive to the ear (you could make absolute obscenity sound sweet in French, but German is very harsh- I always thought it sounded like English spoken by a very drunken Yorkshire farmer). Anyway, point to some more sonnets if you have any.
EnigmaticArsenic chapter 9 . 4/19/2012
i really love this. i love fall in all it's phases from summer tinged september with its balmy breezes, to october bursting in flames, and grey november laden with rain and chilling gusts- it's all wonderful, and the first half of this captures the latter (and it's title month) so well (in mind, anyway).

and it's a nice tie to human emotions/intent in the last half. i really love this- so thank you for it. must fave.
sweetchildofthenight chapter 9 . 4/19/2012
es ist so wundervoll und traurig *gänsehaut* schrecklich trauriges gedicht... so tief berührend...
38 | Page 1 .. Last Next »