Reviews for Before the Storm
jerusalemslot chapter 1 . 4/17/2005
Like all the other stories written by you that I have read, I like it... Also, I've noticed some flamers seem attracted to the phrase "no flames".
Kalyra Shadowdancer chapter 2 . 10/1/2004
Nice explaination of the portals. i'm still a little confused abuot somethings, but i'm sure after you post more chapters it'll get clearer. This is a great story and i do hope you continue it! Oh, and a beta is just someone who checks your work before you post it and corrects grammar/spelling and just generally makes sure your story is presented clearly.
KS
foolish Foxes chapter 2 . 4/23/2004
this is very great!
aiur chapter 2 . 4/14/2004
ai ... you know what i can't stand? when people flame but do it anonymously. 'cause they ALWAYS do it anonymously. what, are they afraid or something? sheesh if they feel strongly enough to flame something, then they should attach their names to it. cowards. anyways, yeah that was just my rant for the day. i know what you mean about being nervous sharing your work. i definitely was in the beginning. but you can get a lot of feedback on this site that helps your writing, and aside from the stupid cowards wandering around this site, most people are pretty nice.
anyways, to your story ... if you want to publish this, i'm gonna give you some CC - this isn't a flame; i wouldn't flame this - just to help you out a little. first, i think you've got a pretty cool plotline here. it's original and creative, and i really look forward to seeing more. but i will say that chapter was actually, to be honest, jumpy. remember your readers know nothing about your characters and plot ... you threw a lot of information at us at once, and i was pretty confused by a lot of it. too much too fast. you should probably slow it down and really explain the relationship between all your characters better. hate to agree with a flamer, but they're underdeveloped ... for the moment. please don't be discouraged by this. it's only if you're serious about the publishing. i feel i should give you honesty, not some sweet rubbish about this being perfect that may only steer you mentally down the wrong road. every story has something to be improved on. and you don't have to listen to me. really. if you trash my opinion and throw it in the garbage can, it's fine with me. and if i sounded harsh, i'm REALLY sorry! i'm just being honest, though. this does have some serious potential, though. the first major haul would be to expand the characters more and really slow the plot down, i'd say. but you definitely did not deserve that flame ... and sorry again if this sounds like one. i swear i'm not trying to pull you down; i actually am intrigued by your writing. if you don't wanna hear from me again, go ahead and tell me, and i promise i'll back out of your life. but if you'd like to get my opinion on future chapters ... i can keep reviewing you. it's your choice. )
k8
TolkienTwit212 chapter 2 . 4/14/2004
I really like this! It's interesting, I can't wait for more! :)
SilverAshray chapter 1 . 4/13/2004
Pretty good start. I did notice a few grammar errors. For example: "I was going to be marrying the last prince on Earth".. I was going to marry the last prince on Earth, in my opinion sounds much better. Do you have a beta reader? If not, you may want to get one. Sometimes it's hard for us to see our mistakes. And you should continue your story because you want to. Not because others want you to. Best of luck.
J
Niall chapter 1 . 4/13/2004
Your work is trivial and description needs to be worked on, your characters are under developed and this story has no flow. Also its to confusing, sometimes you don't know where you are or who you are.
Its shit but there is some talent, work much harder and try and develope your writing skills, in 4 years I might be able to call you mediocure.
l. fayette chapter 1 . 4/12/2004
Hey,
Ok, first off, it's really confusing. Like, the parts I get are good, but it's kind of difficult to understand what's going on, you should explain the stuff better, I do like your plot line though!
.:*Lady Fayette*:.
CHAD-METRO chapter 1 . 4/2/2004
Unbeleivably(not spelled right here)
Good
you are truly a god...You shame me and my work
I am giving you a standinmg ovation (clap, Clap, Clap)
God bless you!
SmokaYoshi chapter 1 . 3/28/2004
WOW! Nice Job! It is awesome! Great use of vocab. Yes, I agree you should get this stuff really published! Job done well. Write more.
Dracula Lord of the Vampires chapter 1 . 3/28/2004
It's a good start. However, you need to explainwhat portals are and straighten out the scences a bit. They seem to be rolling into eachother. Overall, I give your first chapter: 8/10
Kalyra Shadowdancer chapter 1 . 3/25/2004
this is really good! i like the alternating viewpoints and the whole storyline :) plz keep posting, i can't wait to read more.
KS
p.s. thnx for reviewing my poem! :D
teacher's-pet chapter 1 . 3/23/2004
wow, 98 chapters? Please continue writing... I would always be anticipating your work. Keep it up and good luck on writhing the next chapters.