Reviews for V D
IHJ chapter 1 . 6/16/2004
I think this is a unique idea you have for a poem, but it could REALLY be more. By reading the reviews I know this is sarcasm, but the summary you wrote basically IS the poem.
You end the poem with "I think not." and I think it'd be a better poem if you continue with why you think it's not a coincidence and that this coincidence might, in your opinion, go further and deeper than just shared initials.
Like perhaps you could try to get the idea across that Valentine's Day is now mostly a commercialized holiday which started with the best intentions at heart but money and greed got the best of it, spreading itself through society, just like venereal disease spreads itself through society, through lust (and improper use of condoms and adultery/promiscuity). In fact, hm... lust, greed...that's two of the seven deadly sins, isn't it?
Before I get off track and go on into one of my spiels, this has the basis of a great, unique poem. It could just really be MORE.
Izzy J.
amet chapter 1 . 4/13/2004
O_O You see it too!
... At least I found some amusement in happily telling people "Happy VD!"
Muhahahaha.. nice observation. Uhm... yeah. I prolly scared you away.
SecondQueen chapter 1 . 4/10/2004
LMAO! I mix those two up all the time!
Have you also thought about what a violent little sicko Cupid must be? I mean, I have never been shot by an arrow myself, but from what I have read it hurts *bad*...
anti-you chapter 1 . 4/9/2004
nice point
-amanda
littlest clouds chapter 1 . 3/27/2004
. I hate reviewing my own crap 'n stuff, and I don't suspect you'll ever look here but: SARCASM people, it's SARCASM.
CW-nerd-12 chapter 1 . 3/27/2004
I must agree. Botulism... I will have no wrinkles on my forehead (botox is a very mild form of botulism. Isn't that scary?)
angelicvision chapter 1 . 3/25/2004
christmas day * compact disk share initials too.
does that prove anything, please enlighten me...
Topaz Waters chapter 1 . 3/24/2004
_ True, true...Don't give me botulism, please, I don't need it because my face isn't wrinkly.
tespep chapter 1 . 3/24/2004
wow, never noticed that before...i wonder if youre an idiot or whether you actually are making a profound statement.
Pim Bowman chapter 1 . 3/24/2004
hmm...very observant...i've never thought about that...interesting the way u see things :)