Reviews for Darkness
NJ Is My Home chapter 1 . 1/18/2008
i love this one..reminds me of my poems of darkness..i really like the personifications too
the insane floo pot chapter 1 . 5/14/2004
Oh I love poems where the writer wirtes about the whole light and dark issue and their conflicting representations but I don't think I've ever read one that's managed to express them in such a wonderfully constructed way... and you even manage to slip in rhyme to, I mean how fab is that, to find a poem as wonderful as yours and then to have rhyme that works perfectly with the rest of the poem! The personification of the darkness is fantastic and you make darkness sound all the more attractive! I just love this poem, the darkness rocks but you rock even more you awesome writer you *winks*
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 5/5/2004
ah nice nice nice. i like darkness
SamaraTheBloodDraindRose chapter 1 . 4/13/2004
oh! I luv this one! I also luv Simple Plan! haha! but that's ow I feel, in one of my poems I put it like i used to run from the dark, btu now I run from the light, it scares me. But, yeah, if you could tell me what you think of my poems, don't mind constrructive critisism, then I would highly regard what you say! Thanks!_
Taka and Keichirou chapter 1 . 4/12/2004
hey, i like this poem...simple and direct...great effect with the twist, and excellent to embrace darkness instead of light...
this goes into fav poem list
T
and wow do you have a lot of poems...go on writing
CW-nerd-12 chapter 1 . 4/9/2004
Neat poem. If you like messing around with rhythm and such, try writing some metered poems.
Debbirooni chapter 1 . 3/26/2004
I think this one was good- I like it. It shows the "dark" side of life, as many experience it. Many people experience depression, but it seems like they get over it- well, at least I do- even if it takes some time. Perhaps you should write a sequel to it, like something about light... to show a better contrast between light and darkness... you showed the sorrofwul side of darkness, so perhaps you should write a hopeful side of lightness... but it's just a suggestion.. Keep writing.
William Ironclad chapter 1 . 3/24/2004
It's all perspective. Darkness isn't evil if it is helping some one and Light isn't good if in shuns people.
W,
The Great, the Mighty, the Orc King
Unchained Soul chapter 1 . 3/24/2004
I think this is really good but it could be made better if you compared darkness and light with conflicting lines like say some positive stuff about light too so in the end it's up to the reader to decide which one is better, kind of a pros and cons thing of both darkness and light. I dunno I think that'd be more interesting. But still really well written, nice personification.
Escapist chapter 1 . 3/24/2004
OOh, I like this one too. I love the personification and the first stanza. "Light's eyes come at me like daggers." It's such an amazing image- conflicting and the words play off of each other.