Reviews for BandAid
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 2/26/2007
Good for you. I've never been tempted, but I can understand somewhat why some people are. Nice work.
Seaskye chapter 1 . 6/9/2005
This poem was well writen but I have to agree with some of the other reviewers when I say I don't agree. Being a suicidal person I can tell you that the reason I personally have suicidal thoughts and actions is because of my mental state. Being insane and/or suicidal is not something that is popular because everyones doing but because everyones fucked up in the head and for some its harder to live with then others. I just thought I would share my opinion and I in no way meant to seem like a bitch. I do think you're VERY talented.
Post Apocalyptic chapter 1 . 7/25/2004
haha its very short and i think somewhat humorus but still very good I like it alot.
Valerie
(Somewhat back from haitus)
Myriah chapter 1 . 7/24/2004
I know this is late, but I wanna say I LOVE this poem!
So many people take the coward's way out, they need to learn to be strong and stand up and make their life worth living, no matter what anyone says or does to hinder them.
flierdeke chapter 1 . 5/18/2004
Hmm... I like the poem as a poem, but I disagree with the concept. The idea with suicide isn't to heal, it's to stop. Yes, it may seem illogical, but life isn't all that much more logical once you take your head out of the mundane.
Above all I think it's important not to dismiss suicide as a "weak" decision, because depending on circumstances, it's not. It may not be the only solution, but I think a lot of the anger surrounding suicide comes from the fact that hearing about suicide forces people to reevaluate their own lives and think about questions they'd rather forget.
theoneyouknow chapter 1 . 5/10/2004
ya know i dotn understand either, one of my friends cuts them self when there mad at there stepdad! y not cut him? j/k lol
Katterree Fengari chapter 1 . 5/1/2004
I see where you're coming from, but I'm not agreeing with that "When a Band-Aid would suffice. To heal my wounds..." line
myno chapter 1 . 4/30/2004
I’ll never bleed myself dry
When a Band-Aid would suffice.
You obviously have never been suicidal. You can't put a bandaid on a wound when the knife is still cutting through your flesh. When every day the same wound is reopened before it has had time to heal, when the pain is something continuous and seemingly eternal, when there are no "bandaids" to cover it with... Then a bandaid will not suffice, and you WILL bleed to death, mentally or physically or emotionally. Time cannot heal a wound until the knife is withdrawn, and when the knife keeps cutting you every day for years, it is completely rational to want to free yourself from the pain.
I am not suicidal, and do not think suicide is the answer, but I've been there, and thankfully my "bandaid" found me before I bled to death, and with the proper care, I survived and now have more passion for life than ever before because I almost lost my life. Unfortunately, for many the "bandaid" does not find them soon enough. Although suicide is not the best solution, sometimes it is the only solution available.
Its an interesting idea, and I love your writing style. But this poem bothers me because you are writing about something that you have not experienced and because of that do not understand very well.
I didn't mean to sound harsh and apologize if I did, I admire your writing.
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 4/24/2004
Cute. But I felt that this is just a superficial approach to such a vast subject.
mmoonsshiner chapter 1 . 4/22/2004
/HI! * waves franticaly* why rnt u on my faves list ? i love ur work nd uve been my most faithful revierer for some time now. maybe imjust absent minded. ne ways i really like this poem but i gues u wouldnt understand us depressed individs unless uve been there.
Nat
tofujunky chapter 1 . 4/16/2004
I know this is a serious issue, but I must say that this is one of the cutest poems I've read; it tickled me.

On the topic itself, I don't understand the need to inflict pain upon oneself - but I do believe in 'the right to die.'
FELICIA-SPENCER chapter 1 . 4/16/2004
Simple, but deep in meaning. I like this poem. Great job.
Vivian Strong chapter 1 . 4/16/2004
i completely agree, although i know many people with this problem and they've told me why, i still don't get the reasoning behind it. poems don't need to be lengthy to get the point across, it's to the point!
i love the poem!
Vivi
Happy-Platipus chapter 1 . 4/4/2004
In a way I agree, but I do understand that sometimes you get addicted to pain and things get out of control...
I like how your poem is short and to the point!
You have some interesting philosophy and you have written so much!
keep up the good work!
Amara Ryden chapter 1 . 3/28/2004
This is well done. I often ask myself why people would kill themselves... Keep up the good work!
And thanks for reviewing my poem. )