Reviews for Flower
vivavixation chapter 1 . 3/6/2006
The most obvious suggestion would be about someone they loved? Maybe? I don't knoe but there is a haunting beauty to this. Why not try more poetry? Hope you do this is lovely!
Arsenic.Dreams chapter 1 . 4/26/2005
I really liked this poem. I thought it was very nicely written.
sheza chapter 1 . 7/24/2004
beautiful! hmm... was the man's memory possibly abt a lost love one?
Linnet chapter 1 . 7/1/2004
I like the word snapper'd-it's a word now, you've used it. )
Anyway, beautiful poem! Nicely worded...I think his memory...hmm...perhaps a memory from his lost childhood?
-Linnet
Agent Firefly chapter 1 . 6/29/2004
Good choice of words for this. I like to imagine what's going on...even though I'm probably wrong, haha. I'm guessing his memory is of either a past love or something from his childhood. Anywhere near correct?
Drew Blood chapter 1 . 6/12/2004
Was his last thought anything to do with a girl? Thanks for reviewing my story - I'm glad you liked it!
catseyeview chapter 1 . 5/13/2004
You almost get the feeling his memory is something left of what he was. When you say half a man, half a soul, I feel like this is somone who has done something utterly terrible, something unforgiving...his memory, perfect clarity of something that can't rust, could be the innocence of childhood or just plain innocence. It is a lot to play with...I like the mystery here. I almost too feel that the "rope" could perhaps be a rope not for a physical boat but perhaps one that moves the person or the spirit and once that has been let loose, the boat, the person slips into the vastness with no control. Brilliant...
nine iron chapter 1 . 5/12/2004
Dont get the snapper'd joke but I am sure it was very funny. I do like it, sort of empty vibe I get from it, very strange feeling in my stomach.
Nine Iron
William Ironclad chapter 1 . 4/5/2004
Awesome. I like this a lot. Nice imagery.
W,
The Great, the Mighty, the Orc King
daphnegray78 chapter 1 . 3/31/2004
Wow...that was an extremely touching piece. As far as what his memory was I have a guess...although I doubt it's correct, it's worth a try. Is it the memory of his love? Possibly? I dunno, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to figuring out hidden meanings. Anyway, that was a truly beautiful poem. Awesome job! :o)
elvenstorm chapter 1 . 3/29/2004
Aw thats so pretty and sorry but dude! Sapper'd is the best word ever! Anyway onto review :P Love how you portray his emotions in this. The whole shadow of himself thing is tres coolies! The Like lovers entwined like vines is a bit confusing with the double simile thingy though its a beautiful image. teehee snapper'd rope (",) Love that line! His dying is so pretty and calm as well :) really like that. An obvious thing of what his memmory could be is a day spent with the one he loved. Then again maybe its something from his family and what he's clutching is something from them. Maybe a gift from his mother or a photo or drawing from his son or something. That could explain why it hurts so badly, maybe his whole family was killed in a war or fire or... Ok will stop speculating. OOh maybe he used to be an angel or something magical and he was stripped of his powers for some reason. Fell in love with a mortal? Then he was banished and something hapenned to her. Hang your the author... this is your job! Lol anyway great poem and thanks for providing the extra entertainment :) Well done!
shadowdreamer7598 chapter 1 . 3/26/2004
Wow. That was really good. I like the way you write poetry. I REALLY liked some of the lines in there (above the rest, but I liked the rest a lot too
). You are gifted. I think his memory was about a lost love, or something along those lines. Keep writing!
(p.s.- I just wrote a new story, titled: In Search of the Truth. Could you please r&r it, by clicking on my name? I think you'll like it. I also have some poems of my own. :D Thanks so much)