Reviews for Hellbound
Scraper chapter 9 . 5/31/2005
This was great! Really nice, surprisingly similar to my own beliefs of Heaven and Hell. No one really goes to hell, and everyone deserves some punishment for their sins. I congratulate you! I cannot say how much I loved this. You say that your stories are interconnected? I think I'll take a peak at the others!
Scraper chapter 5 . 5/31/2005
Alright, I'm back! Oh man, this was a pretty gross chapter! It sort of made up for the lack of action in the greed chapter. Really fascinating though.

Oh yes, those wraiths in Wrath, they remind me of those "energy vampires" that I've read of that suck your life force instead of your blood. That was an interesting touch.

It is also interesting to see that people in hell don't always come from Earth, but you included people from "universes". And that some people have the strength to resist the forces of hell (for a short amount of time), like that Bressian fellow.

Oh my, he reminds me of a biography I read once of a guy named Gilles, who raped young boys and girls and did all sorts of pervertions even after the body was dead. Sometimes he took two at the time and forced them to watch each other being raped. Makes me shudder to think about it.

Well, next chapter!
Scraper chapter 2 . 5/31/2005
Oh my, so far, this was fantastic! I pity myself for not being able to read the following chapters (I have a few house chores to attend to), but I'll resume as soon as I can.

I just loved the way your character interacted with that Virgil fellow, and the way you named the layers after (relatively negative) human emotions. Particularly "sanity". I had always felt that people plagued with insanity are close to innocence, not having power over their actions, and only people who are aware that they are sinning, sin!

This really makes me want to read the Divine Comedy. (It makes me angry at how incomplete our school library is! I had wantedto read it eversince our teacher mentioned it in religion class)

Really fantastic, I can't wait to read the next!
Mbwun chapter 9 . 8/9/2004
Did I never review this? I guess not. Ah well, it happens. Anyhow...

Very reminiscent of Dante's Inferno, though obviously you know that. I think your rings of Hell are a bit more believable than his. I really like how all your stories are interconnected; I'm far too lazy (and way too ADD) to do that.

An excellent story, altogether.

He Who Walks On All Fours
JD Kennedy chapter 9 . 8/1/2004
I've been reading this one for a while now, back when only several chapters were online and was pleased to log on and find it complete. As you said in your author's note there are a lot of Dante's Inferno parallels and it was fun picking them out. This line is great by the way:
'Whenever I said “eternity,” it was just for dramatic effect,'
Did Virgil mean to be humorous? It was great and lifted the mood for me. The only real problem with the story for me is that its not as descriptive as i would have liked, the very last line seems a bit rushed, perhaps you could have described Little's ascension into Heaven? I'd appreciate it if you could read and review some of my stuff, which is of the horror variety, not even nearly as apocalyptic as this story but maybe one day...but thats a spoiler! Plus I'd be glad to chat to you on MSN or E-mail about writing stories sometime if you wish, my e-mail is on my profile.
JD
Lee Harvey Kennedy chapter 9 . 6/6/2004
Ah, another satisfying end to one of your stories. You certainly have a talent in bringing about all the loose ends into a cohesive, believable, but most importantly, good ending. I admire that talent of yours. I'll catch you on the other side.
Lee Harvey Kennedy chapter 8 . 6/6/2004
Wow, this was an intense chapter! Definitely got across the desperation and near-futility of going through Hell to save a friend. Intense, bloody, and damn fun to read. Great job!
Lateralis chapter 9 . 6/4/2004
I enjoyed my time with this book, and I assure you, I will follow every story you write from here on out. You could call me one of those devouted fan. On a more critical note, you've missed some words in there. Otherwise, it seems fine to me. It's a necessary book for the necessary evil fan!
Cam S chapter 9 . 6/4/2004
another good story done. I'm going to have to read NE, now...
I noticed you abandoned your usual Lovecraftian style with the implementation of Judeo-Christian elements...but I'm not saying that's bad, at all. You're a good writer, my friend, and I must say that this is a damn good story.
Grace Hsia chapter 9 . 6/4/2004
This is the end? NO! I like this story too! Damn. Guess I'll have to read another one of your stories...
Cam S chapter 8 . 6/1/2004
an extremely good set of chapters...my only complaint is lenght; they aren't long enough...but hey, I'm guilty of that, as well.
You're "multiverse" technique has one good side-effect for you: I have to read your other stuff to get it. I will do so as soon as I get enough time.
Grace Hsia chapter 8 . 5/31/2004
Another excellent chapter! _ And I loved the descriptions that you had. Very bloody and gory and it just gave me a great visual picture. This is probably my favorite story out of all your stories. _ Anyhows, love that solution that you had for your main character, him becoming a pacifist and all. It was quite clever. Update quickly! I want to see what happens between your main character and Robin Hood!
Lateralis chapter 7 . 5/21/2004
Well, that was short, but sweet. "Virgil" has alot of explaining to do.
Grace Hsia chapter 7 . 5/21/2004
Excellent chapter as usual, what with all the sarcastic black humor and excellent descriptions. I especially liked the thing with portraits crying tears of blood, which would seriously be the worst thing that I could ever see. I loved the "literal blue light special" thing that you added in here. It adds that special touch to the story. _
Grace Hsia chapter 6 . 5/16/2004
This is an excellently written, very informative chapter. This is such a good story! The whole idea of "best friend killing other friend because they thought that the other was plotting against them" is wonderful! *Bows down to your greatness.* Now see, your story truly does deserve an award or something. Since I don't have Newberry Medals to hand out...(Now unless I tear off the Newberry sticker thing on the Witch of Blackbird pond and stick it on the laptop screen. But that's not going to happen is it?) I'll just have to substitute A HAPPY AUTHOR award. It consists of a gold smiley on top of a black platform. Anyhows, enjoy. (How you can enjoy a huge trophy, I don't know. You could always go throw it at people...) UPDATE! This is truly an interesting story!