Reviews for Promise
NJ Is My Home chapter 1 . 1/18/2008
wow, a really strong, sad poem..i like it a lot, especially the last stanza
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 4/2/2005
¿How many things not carefully fastened,

Have gone lumbering ours to being world's?

Haphazard our attention tightening,

Foundation bolt would afix foundation down,

So trinkets, pendants, keys, money, houses,—

¡O Yes, and even Life slips our of our grasp!

Not because of time's incessant hunger,

But because mortality careless lives.

p.s. I canot tell you what a tragedy someone ending their life is,—even in darkest despair life has beauty. I will hold you to your promise,—and, the promise that your offer life with your gifts.
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 5/5/2004
aw thats really sad! oh my gosh... :(
bleak nights in tokyo chapter 1 . 4/21/2004
This is a really nice poem. It shows that if one gives up, the other does not... true companionship there.
mazasuki chapter 1 . 4/4/2004
Wow, very powerful and very touching. I think that the next to last stanza sounds a bit different, almost accusing to me. Other than that, very sweet poem.
p.s. - I love the Labyrinth!
ForgottenRiver chapter 1 . 4/3/2004
That's so it true? (I really hope not). I wanted to thank you for the kind words you give me in your reviews. You're a really talented writer. _ Keep up the good work!
Dahlia Wolffe chapter 1 . 3/31/2004
this is really sad, but well written. keep it up. please r&r me back, even though i only have one rocky prose...
_priestess of illusion
Deana Bell chapter 1 . 3/30/2004
Oh, this is so sad...
-God bless-
Debbirooni chapter 1 . 3/28/2004
I think this poem was okay... I liked other poems of yours... but this one was still okay.
I like the idea behind this poem, and I like how you worded it and voiced your opinion. I think the "will to live on" after your friend that you made a pact with died, is a good idea... though I have heard of it before in the anime "Rurouni Kenshin".. perhaps a reason why it doesn't appeal to me as much... but I still like it.
Good job.
Dakota Alexus chapter 1 . 3/28/2004
It's hard to stay alive when everyone else disappears. I love this poem.
Unchained Soul chapter 1 . 3/27/2004