Reviews for To Thea in the Cliffs
Willow Elandria chapter 1 . 5/5/2004
this is beautiful... so much meaning in a lovely and deceptively simple poem. i love the imagery: "carried their colored stories on their surfaces" is wonderful.
i honestly can't think of any criticism... except maybe to get rid of the asterisks between the stanzas. i don't personally like those, but i guess it's a matter of taste.
Mike chapter 1 . 5/5/2004
No claire, Im not dead yet. Just a little detained for a while.
Sammy- B chapter 1 . 4/30/2004
wow-that's awesome. Really insightful.
Belphegor 665 chapter 1 . 4/27/2004
I like it. I like it a lot. If i had to fault it... no, fuck it, that's awesome.
ampersand chapter 1 . 4/18/2004
this is a beautiful piece. the line breaks are elegant and allow it to flow smoothly.
i particularly like the line "carried their coloured stories on their surfaces". it reminds me of salman rushdie.
i'm curious as to why you use the asterisks though?
zelle chapter 1 . 4/3/2004
initial reaction: ow, my heart.
revised reaction: I think I've heard of Thea somewhere before. I don't know, one of those tickling memories, but it was probably from a myth or something.
HOWEVER, I love this. I love you (strictly platonic, I assure you. So you can, um, stop backing away now ;)) and especially the last section.
"The canyon was so deep
that you could not hear
when the pottery shattered."
But, one nitpick (because I have a policy about constructive critique): it feels (to me) like the second section should have come after the /last/ section. or something.
meh. don't mind me. am sleep-deprived and not at all coherent.
Seeker of the Way chapter 1 . 3/30/2004
wow! *claps* wowie wow wow! this is such a cool set of images and metaphors that a lot 27 year olds couldn't write! Aww, are you still depressed? I know that feeling. I get down to get up! It keeps me humble, keeps me empathetic, keeps me real!
Still I think I will try to write YOU a poem to cheer you up! Remind me by reviewing other such marvels in the so-far 6-poem set called (wrongly now) "Attempted Alliterated Acrostics". I'll see what I can do, but as you know the MUSE will NOT be coerced, it does what it likes!
this is britt chapter 1 . 3/28/2004
This was such an original beauty. I loved reading it- this is certainly going in my favorites.