Reviews for A Fork in the Road
Sunflower Philosophy chapter 1 . 4/10/2004
Ah, now I see why you liked "I Really Am" so much... ;)
Speaking of honesty, that's what this poem is- honest. Straightforward, no hiding behind vague metaphors or fancy words. It makes the message much stronger.
Don't get me wrong, Damaged, I hate criticizing anything even if it deserves it, but when I see someone who looks like their self-image is suffering a little because of illusions of what they should be, I can't help but try to say something. I wasn't saying to change the essay; the essay is fine. I was suggesting a change in the way you look at those things, I suppose.
By the way, a lot of my poetry is optimistic and inspiring, so if you need a pick-me-up, allow me to suggest "The Sound of my Own Footsteps", "Today", "Dancing", definitely "The Gift You Give", "In the Mirror", "Little Heart" (especially), and if you're ever lonely, and if you believe in any God of any sort, "Signs" might help you feel better...
So now you have a guide if you want to read any more of my long, scary page...!
Ahem, yes, the poem. As I said, I enjoyed it, and I really hope you weren't hurt in any way by anything I said. I know it's hard for even me to take constructive criticism of even the best intentions, and I'VE been tackling agents for almost two years...
m~* Sunflower, anyone?
JustForgetMe chapter 1 . 3/30/2004
i like this one!..its good!