Reviews for The Dagger and Goblet
Cadraver chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
I don't know why I haven't read this before, but now that I have, I must say that its a good piece of work. A very good piece of work. First, you start off with an introduction that goes straight into the character's psyche, which is important for any short story such as this, rather than overflowing on unnecessary description, or in the other extreme -too quickly paced. Like many vampire protagonists, he has a dark past, but few mention the sight they have on the world about them more than the usual "Oh humans are meant to be sucked" thoughts.

That is not to say that your description isn't bad either. It's very well done, and you detail the surroundings of Adrianus' home, the place where he lives in and how he views it. The emptiness of the manor house, and almost complete insignificance of the decor in it.

Even the flashback is well-transitioned, and you take your time with the short tale of romance contained within the story. The end was executed properly, in a sense that you describe the vampire's struggle with his eh, unlife. Is life all that it's really cut out to be, and is it really worth it to life forever.

A good tale. I like.

By the way, what's with people always asking for updates? Even for one-time things such as this one.
MoonDaughter17 chapter 1 . 3/31/2004
Cool. Update soon please.
Ammarice chapter 1 . 3/31/2004
That is really amazing... I really liked how Adrian studied himself, and thought about what he was about to do... I really enjoyed the sappy romance part(I'm a sucker...) about the meeting across the floor... I dunno where this could go from here, but it would certainly be interesting to read...
(am-uh-reece)
ammarice
Shandee chapter 1 . 3/31/2004
Awesome! I hope you continue this! I'm even writing a vampire fic myself!
Chandi