Reviews for Darkest of Night
infamously-anonymous chapter 1 . 11/10/2004
I love fantasy and science fiction, as long as it's written well. There's not much on this site (in the way of fantasy) that is, though. I think that this is good. I'll keep reading it, and reviewing.
Ducky 06 chapter 1 . 4/7/2004
omg. that ws awsome. so like, there, in the way future, with like different creatures? and there was a war or its still going on? it was a little confuesing. but i tink i get it. that is so cool. u must hurry, u must.
cuneas chapter 1 . 4/2/2004
A little run-of-the-mill, but a nice entertaining little genre piece, and formulas wouldn't be formulas if they didn't work. My advice is; keep to your current strategy. Don't try to become unique. These quasi-thriller fantasy adventures aren't all that deep, but they're entertaining, and the very purpose of fiction, and above all of the fantasy genre, is to divert and allow an escape from reality. And you have a quick-paced and mildly atmospheric style that is perfect for what you're writing, and frankly I'm eager to see what you plan to do next.
WakeMageJoshua chapter 1 . 4/2/2004
Very nice, it's good to meet another person who doesn'tmind the post-appocoleptic war ideas. Check out my story, Skybolt Revolution, and you'll see what I mean. I think you've got a good Idea wiht the human enslavement;although I do notice one thing that could be worked on. You use alot of repetative wording. Recently was a word I noticed. While yo didn't use it too many times, they were all side by side in the sentence line up. You might try seperating those sentences with another one or two. Over all, you've got a good story going, and I'll gbe keeping an eye on it. (post-apoc are my favorites)
-Joshua