Reviews for Young Weed
Faked Faces chapter 1 . 9/9/2004
Weird poem. Interesting though. Good use of figurative language.. hehe I sound like a teacher.. I'm 14 too.. so I can understand...
Faked Faces
strummychick chapter 1 . 4/24/2004
oo i like. Lots of words i didnt understand but i still really liked the general theme. Very clever, comparing the socks to the flowers. Havnt read something so different in a while! : )
Plato's Optic Runaway chapter 1 . 4/23/2004
Hm, intriguing, enchanting, and perplexing all at the same time. I love the image of innocence with just a dash of sarcastic intelligence you create here. It's bloody wonderful.
AntiPleasure chapter 1 . 4/14/2004
Whoa.. I can just say this is a masterpiece and I'd be proud if I were you. I especially liked the last three lines, how it's so colorful and the blue at the end stands out... hmm I'm not describing myself well but hey all I can say is that this is well done.
Jenna xx
Kelpylion chapter 1 . 4/2/2004
So bloody true.
*loved* the comparisons to flowers in a garden, especially the lines:
‘typical’, you shake your head and sweat
little beads of chlorophyll ripe with
disdainful you and I shrivel up'
Far too many people are thus oppressed.
Parental oppression's a common theme, but you made it into a poetic commentary, rather than a miserable self-pitying world-hating angstpit. This is probably because you're above that, and you're objective since it obviously never happened to you. (Poets just don't come out of obsessively strict, uncreative, repressive environments like that, unless they happen to chance upon some window out of it early in life. )
Seriously excellent read...sorry to say that I didn't note anything obviously bothersome to me here, so I can't return your (much appreciated) act of critiquing.
It's nice and warm and fuzzy to say 'OMG what a pritty poem!" But, in the end, it's a much bigger compliment for someone to actually take the time to *review* it. A big Thanks.