Reviews for Mute
B-Dooliie chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
lines that stood out, and will probably resurface in my dreams tonight in some way:

-"The fish floats belly-up across the waters of memory."

-"There is no fear of reprimand; there is a fear of waste."

-"...a figment of what it once was, prior to careless abandonment."

-" I exist in the median between heaven and hell-bliss and misery." (especially this one)

i loved your writing style, and the constriction and binding that you managed to convey so clearly and achingly. the way everyone has to keep thier thoughts to themselves, out of self preservation. god, just so ...sad? and hopeless, i guess.

beautiful work.
Lady Katreina chapter 1 . 6/9/2007
"Wow"
JackieTheWarriorPrincess chapter 1 . 8/25/2005
All I'm thinking is "this if fuckin crazy!" and at the same time "wha...?"But hey, EXCELLENT writing. Your style is awesome.
ErgoSchmergo chapter 1 . 6/10/2005
Wow, awesomely written. Abstract is good sometimes. I love the similies. It leaves you to figure out things for yourself. Which is what I enjoyed about it.
Garnet Aurelia chapter 1 . 12/20/2004
*blink blink* I did not understand that. At all... but that's because I am clueless and on vacation and my brain is shut off for the next two weeks. One thing though... while reading this, the impression of silence was left on me. I usually read with someone kind of music in the background, but for this, I was in complete silence, because I actually felt like any noise would disrupt the story. It was an interesting experience. One day I'll read this over again.. but for now I must say, you truly are an amazing writer!
hgdgkhljklfesjhgfjghkhgk chapter 1 . 6/14/2004
captivating
Twilight Tiger chapter 1 . 4/17/2004
Beautiful imagery and theme. Kind of reminds me of "The Giver." Congrats.
anonymous chapter 1 . 4/15/2004
This is, simply put, incredible. Really powerful and intense. I felt shivers along my spine the further on I read, right up until the last sentence. The setting reads like a dream...something from deep within the subconscious that cannot really be understood or deciphered, yet the picture it paints and the message it conveys is captivating. You truly have a great gift here!
I love it.
Bob n Kazzi chapter 1 . 4/7/2004
I chose to read one of your stories because I found you review quite a number of stories I review as well. I read your bio and found out you like a book I like too (Old Magic). I read your reviews, and find you give such well rounded advice that I thought I'd read one of your stories. So I have. And I think it is wonderful. Your vocabulary is that of my English teacher! I think it is wonderful.
Could you possibly read my story "Transition" as from reading your bio I found out you have a twin brother - I would like to know if their relationship is the norm. Considering there will be more insults in the next few chapters. I know siblings do not tend to be so nice to each other as my fictional ones do, but I know a set of twins (how weird does that sound!) and they are quite like this only with one exception - both are female. I need help on the maleness of the situation!
jilla kala chapter 1 . 4/5/2004
very interesting concept, beautifully executed as well. great descriptions, the story is wonderfully tense, you write well in the first person and make it easy for the reader to feel as though they too are involved in this society where they cannot speak.
i would, however, like a bit more of an explanation as to why they cannot speak at will, whether they could before and what happened to the girl. these could be done nicely without distracting from the story, although it is very nice as is. keep up the good work
happy writing
Charity chapter 1 . 4/4/2004
This is amazing! I really liked it. It's touching, yet so simple. A really powerful piece. Keep it up!
Cheers,
Charity
Colonel Augen chapter 1 . 4/4/2004
gee, I liked that very much. the idea is absolutly great. It is true that one speaks a lot. You used very nice comparisons, and some of your sentences were great. You have described this world very well, with only what was appropriate and necessary.
obsessivecompulsivedisorder chapter 1 . 4/4/2004
I have never before read something so simple yet so powerful at the same time. It is, as Laur1532 put it, indescribably good.
Your talent as a writer is clear in the way you have written it. The descriptions were unusually amazing, but it's this feeling of being in the protagonist's shoes that really gets to me.
After reading this, you've made me appreciate the words we use to express ourselves and our emotions. Well done. It truly is an amazing piece of art.
anatidaephobiac chapter 1 . 4/3/2004
This is... indescribably good... the descriptions were amazing and the observations were excellent as well. You're a very very talented writer... that's quite evident.
Oh, wait i found a word to describe it... Wow.