Reviews for Retirement
James Rain chapter 1 . 5/22/2004
Retirement is not all about not being able to work. My father just retired becuase if was, well, tired of working at his place on employment. Let's not be cynical.
tofujunky chapter 1 . 4/16/2004
My biggest fear: Growing Old!
For the exact reasons you mentioned. Death isn't that scary; it's the part of losing certain capabilities that scares the hell out of me. I love the way you put it, though (With the loss of youthfulness, the elderly have outlived their usefulness.) How depressing.
FELICIA-SPENCER chapter 1 . 4/16/2004
This is really deep. Although my Grandmother whose 74 years old might argue that point with you. She still works, she gets around without the use of a walker or cane, and she's as feisty as ever. I hope that I can age like that when I get older. However it is sad to see that some elderly people seem to give up, and as you said it they wait to die. Great poem. Had a lot of emotion in it.
flamingsword chapter 1 . 4/16/2004
nice work. it talks about the awful truth most are afraid to admit. that you will someday be old and well beyond your glory days. really nice work.
axica chapter 1 . 4/14/2004
like I always say:
short and sweet
it's what I like to call perfection introspective
Sterces chapter 1 . 4/13/2004
Wow... This is a nice look ay retirement... Sad but true too... I think everyone should read this... And I have never thought that this country cared for its elderly well enough, but that's a whole different story. Nice work! Write on!
Juliet Squared chapter 1 . 4/12/2004
*glares at grandfather* Perfect for my grandfather. Except he retired from not a job, but a social life. He doesn't keep in touch with most of his family- old grudges o_O
Seeker of the Way chapter 1 . 4/5/2004
"It's better to burn out, then to fade away!" the kergan (sp?) from The Highlander. Maybe he was onto something? haha - the evil bastard. Anyway, anohter interesting thought! I would like to see this expanded in another piece. _
bach-player chapter 1 . 4/5/2004
it maybe this way for some...but increasingly older ppl are vital and active up until the end...and that is what i plan to do
missmami16yahoo.com chapter 1 . 4/4/2004
wow...great poem! it's sad how the elderly are just treated like that. they can still have so much to offer, it's just that no one sees it. thanks for reviewing my piece.
Incrys chapter 1 . 4/4/2004
Kinda sad, if you think about it. Interesting topic, I never really thought about that before.
CydCharisse chapter 1 . 4/4/2004
This is a sad poem, but I know what you mean. I don't want to go to a nursing home, take 50 pills a day, and just wait until my time is up. Sounds so boring/depressing!
Grand writing, putting views into place.
The Brother chapter 1 . 4/4/2004
Hi I really like this, it's really depressing but not in the usual wrist slashing sort of way, i think it's sad that people are waiting to die! Yes I liked this bye- thebrother