Reviews for Haiku collection: Nature's Mirror
tamarkaph2013 chapter 2 . 1/6
Thought provoking, why green snowdrops?
tamarkaph2013 chapter 1 . 1/6
Beautiful visual.
The Autumn Queen chapter 4 . 9/16/2012
I like the comparison between green and blue here because it nicely captures the image of the earth framed against the sky, or earth vs. air/wind, two contrasting elements that nonetheless go together. I also like how the trees breathe memories because they speak to the age of them, how they’ve been around far longer than humans and the growth rings and how they can live far longer than humans (well, some species) and grow far taller and see so much more than us.

Ohana from the review marathon (link in profile)
The Autumn Queen chapter 3 . 9/16/2012
Why no capital letter?

Okay, I don’t like how you end the first line because it doesn’t flow (by reading) into the next line but there’s nothing punctually to separate it out. I like how you said “on the ground” without defining their state as it can suggest they’re crushed and dying, or hoping they don’t get crushed, or simply waiting on a doorstep or something for someone to pick up.
The Autumn Queen chapter 2 . 9/16/2012
I like the combination of green and white in here because it brings a nice natural image, and a good contrast between the greenness and life of spring and the cold white snow of winter. I get an image of being caught between those two, the snow starting to melt and revealing the growth underneath, but then a large clump of snow can fall on top and crush it, or the cold can freeze and kill it.

I also like the image of fragility here because it gives a good image of beauty and life and how fleeting they can be.
The Autumn Queen chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
One of the first haikus I’ve seen that adhere to the 5-7-5 pattern. I like the two different images of water here; they’re not contradictory per say but they provide a nice contrast between, in a sense, physical and metaphorical bodies of water. The only thing I can critique about this is the word “fledging” because it seems a little formal as far as the language of the rest of your haiku goes.

Ohana from the review marathon (link in profile)
Franziska chapter 7 . 4/18/2012
You are evoking a very peaceful image. I could almost feel the water

(unfortunately only almost because my window faces south)
bahaghari chapter 7 . 4/18/2012
oh please, say you remember me...

hehehehe

anywho, hands like water... makes me think what it's like. this makes an interesting haiku. great job.
Jareth the Monk chapter 7 . 4/18/2012
I don't know what a haiku is, but I'm gonna review this anyway. Short enough and sweet, like trying to say as much as possible in as few words. This must be a Japanese thing, because they have single words that we must articulate with entire sentences in English. Maybe I'll try my hand at this some time.

I must assume this is a writing style that favors you writing dozens of these to follow a particular theme in order to get the grandest effect. But I guess a single haiku looks good on a wedding invitation, or a tombstone.
Moon's Poetess chapter 7 . 4/18/2012
Pretty I preferred the German translation of it, though. Like how you can write these bilingually...
painted eyes chapter 7 . 4/18/2012
This is beautiful, and so peaceful.

Keep up the good work.
Eypherath chapter 7 . 4/18/2012
Well...The english version is way stronger, than the german version. I like it. Makes me imagining actually being caressed while I read it...
Erlkoenigin chapter 7 . 4/18/2012
You are evoking a very peaceful image. I could almost feel the water (unfortunately only almost because my window faces south)
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 6 . 4/18/2012
Eloquent, peaceful.
Ygg chapter 6 . 4/18/2012
Wow I love this one! It conveys such a gentle, bright emotional vastness.. the adjectives work perfectly in capturing the many different emotional angles and levels as parts of the complex whole of emotions and feelings accompanying the aching, the longing for home. Wonderfully concocted! Thank you for sharing.. *adds the poem to his favorites* :)
43 | Page 1 .. Last Next »