Reviews for When the Silence Stretches Too Long
The Paperback Mummy chapter 1 . 6/1/2004
This reminds me so much of two girls in a story I'm writing (not posted yet) whose friendship is drifting away. I really adored this, and you are really talented. And I'm sounding really stupid. Really. lol
C.W. Sims chapter 1 . 5/28/2004
Wonderful. Absolutely wonderful.
FiberglassButterfly chapter 1 . 5/27/2004
Wow, this poem is amazing. I especially like the third stanza...and the whole concept of the poem is really neat, even though it's a little sad. Great job!
ciara cathleen chapter 1 . 5/10/2004
wow. once again, amazing. and it really hits home because my best friend of five years and i just "broke up" and it is very very painful. wow, thank you.
Kyuuki chapter 1 . 5/9/2004
Amazing poem. I love it!
Militant-Antibody chapter 1 . 5/2/2004
I agree with Jennacharm about the line "Things that weren't things aren't things anyhow", it seems slightly out of place in an otherwise good poem. I enjoyed the lack of dependance on really simple rhyme and the genuine senitment that I can feel(and if it's faked then so much the better). I quite enjoyed this piece, good job.
Jennacharm chapter 1 . 4/23/2004
This is truly a gem among all the slosh on fictionpress. I like the message, and I sigh in relief because someone wrote a poem this moving that wasn't about love. Congrats! The only change I would make is the line "things that weren't things aren't things anyhow", it seems a little shallow in a poem like this.
Soul Rebel chapter 1 . 4/23/2004
Bravo! I especially like the last four lines. Your rythmn is right on track. Beautiful flowing expressions of a thing that is... hm.. you said it best.
Aidan Holmes chapter 1 . 4/14/2004
First off, I would like to say thanks for reviewing my poems! I think that your writing is beautiful, and this is a wonderful piece. I also like how the words all seem to flow together and just fall into place. Keep up the great work! :-D
mr bunny runs away chapter 1 . 4/14/2004
Excellent
t0mh4nk5 chapter 1 . 4/11/2004
aww..such a sad yet beautifully written poem. I love the descriptions and especially the rhyming..it doesnt sound forced, just flowing. great job *adds you to favs*
Pose For Me chapter 1 . 4/10/2004
Beautiful work. I always wonder about friendship and when does it ever end. This poem is the very first that I've seen that I can relate to deeply. Awesome.
~
Regina O.B.
Shylock chapter 1 . 4/9/2004
And I'll tell YOU the truth, Autumn Tears, I'm not one for poetry and/or lyrical stylings such as this. The motivation behind that being the simplistic vexation of love and compassion and friendship always being corrupt and culminating and an abomination of a feeling. However, as aforementioned, this is exquisitely written. I could almost hear a haunting echo reading it to me in the annals of my mind. I'm anxious to read more of your works. Keep it up!
Walk Backwards chapter 1 . 4/7/2004
Lovely. That all I can say. You are a fantastical thing that comes once every few hundred years. This poem serves to show just that.
Peace. Love. Purple Lightning.
Walk Backwards
A.D Williams chapter 1 . 4/5/2004
*jaw drops*... wow. That was beautifully written. Perfect structure, perfect vocabulary, wonderful description. Wonderful comparison. :) *nods* you are going on my fav authors list!
And thanks for the review on my poem. I really appreciate your comments. :) Thank you so much!