Reviews for Vade retro me, Satana Get thee behind me Satan
rap-sucks chapter 1 . 6/14/2005
Nice.
keltica chapter 1 . 11/18/2004
Hehe ... I liked the idea of the latin lines ... very good poem ...

Satan is vanquished!

keltica,the celtic fire from within
Eirien chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
Greatly done! I love the message of course, and the way you get it across is extremely effective. The alternate repetitions of the Latin and English verse work really powerfully, almost like an incantation, and their effect enhances the message of the lines in between. The ancient diction with the "thou" etc adds greatly to the atmosphere and gives it an almost medieval feel. I could picture this being performed as a song by a band like Fountain of Tears or Virgin Black (if you don't know them, check them out, you might like them,. ;-) ) The ending is great in the change from a rejection of Satan to an invocation of the Holy Spirit and a confirmation of the light and power of the Lord. Perfect poem, I love it!
HushedIceColdFears chapter 1 . 5/28/2004
I loved it! lol. I liked the like "his passion clears my name". but yeah thats just me. Great job!
Hail the Warrior chapter 1 . 5/14/2004
I like it. I just finished my first year of Latin and that's what's prolonged me from reading this cause I kinda hated it.
I kinda find some of these lines nullified by your poem about dancing at the ixth hour. Just kinda, double minded, but I loved the meaning behind this poem.
HtW
Getuie chapter 1 . 5/9/2004
Very well said. I see someone commented it to be Spanish that you put in there... well I don't know what language it is (I personally thought it to be Latin), but the use of it was very fitting.
I am "back" for now... I honestly don't know whether or not I'll be staying of FictionPress save for posting the story I'm currently working on. I have posted a few poems yesterday *shrugs*... anyway, I just thought to tell you that I'm here for the time being.
Rigalphantisi911 chapter 1 . 4/30/2004
oh. my. gosh. this is so good. it's a really powerful message and the reptition augments it. The spanish makes it sound so... i don't know. this poem has me pretty much at a loss for words.
obsidian katana chapter 1 . 4/19/2004
nice piece, i like this and totally agree. good use of repetition and archaism, it works well in the poem. yeah, satan can't stand against us when we have God on our side. nice work.
GarethNelson chapter 1 . 4/8/2004
well, i could comment on this a la "in praise of the devil" but i won't out of respect.
so here's the proper review:
a very positive affirmation of strength against your enemy.