Reviews for Haunted Warrior
milhistbuff1 chapter 1 . 5/8/2005
Ultimately, your question of blame depends on the individual soldier's actions and the policies of those issuing the call to arms. as descendent of numerous of numerous military personel can relate quite well. Great job- Matt
kat-mle chapter 1 . 4/1/2005
Omg that is awesome! I've never read a better rendition of war before. Excellent description words! How long did this take?I especially like how all of the lines rhyme the previous, and yet how the final words do not rhyme any previous line. It makes the last line stand out. I enjoy how there are no stanzas, and yet it is noticable as a are an excellent poet, kudos to , this is my favoite poem I've read so far on this site. An inspiring message, the words bring images to my mind's-eye, and few are able to do that. Again, kudos to you, and my mamny compliment. PS - Finally someone who's worthy of the spotlight!
Nikotan Kyrevar chapter 1 . 12/10/2004
I like this. It's very emotional, and yet detached, as if the man speaking wants to show his emotions, but is hesitant to at the same time. (I tend to read a lot the things I read...probably a lot more than the author ever intended to put in there :))

Anyway, I look foward to reading more from you.

Nikotan
Kantessa chapter 1 . 11/27/2004
I really like the poem. It seems haunting and real, but i'm not quite sure about the last line. It seems to inturrupt the flow.
KarilynEN chapter 1 . 11/9/2004
It was good but I'll be honest with you, as very reviewer should be. I think some parts of it was forced, if you follow me. Some parts sound better then others but overall it's good. A job well done.
Yours Forever Fictional
Rosetta
Fiontari chapter 1 . 8/29/2004
*applauds* Your use of rhyme is astonishing. Master of Rhyme I shall deem you.
Hawke
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 4/30/2004
odd, weird, cool!
AlphaPhiOmega Girlie chapter 1 . 4/25/2004
I like this...I have family and friends who are serving abroud right now, I'm seriously considering sending this one to them. Exellent work.
Frodo chapter 1 . 4/22/2004
This is a really well written poem. I don't see an anti-war or pro-war message in her, but really how a man is effected by war. It's powerful.
'Horrific scenes haunt his nights,
Monsters that aren't scared of any lights...'
Love those lines.
This is a rhyming poem that doesn't sound forced and doesn't have the simplicity that one can get with rhyme. Just great.
-Micah
freethephoenix chapter 1 . 4/8/2004
I think that was your most descriptive work yet. Well done. I've never been in a war either but in order to write effectively I've studied a lot of the psychology of it and I think you've captured much of what happens in a soldier's mind.