Reviews for The Beaufort Legacy
daydee chapter 6 . 7/8/2009
this is really good. why did you stop?
kristy23 chapter 1 . 8/8/2006
This was really good. Having read "Katherine" by Ana Seyton I'm famimliar with the characters - however I do think it may be hard to understand and a little bit confusing if one hadn't read the book.

Your dialouge and word choice are really appropriate for the time period and I love the way you describe John's adoration of his father. Your characterizations of John and his brother are really very well done - deep enough that I feel like it's very realistic.

I look forward to reading more!
Starox200 chapter 1 . 2/6/2006
Wow!That was great! I'm so tired i didn't think i would be able to read a stry but yours was wonderful! This chapter i mean. But of course the others will surely be just as !Starox (z)
aims80 chapter 6 . 2/28/2005
I really like this story. I don't know if you are planning on updating but if you are it would be good. :)
faery tragedy chapter 6 . 8/16/2004
Have you ever seen the painting called "Accolade"? It's what this chapter reminds me of. The whole scene was set up very nicely; especially how Johnny's feelings of responsibility are described using the dark chapel. You described the entire presentation with a ton of detail! I didn't even know knights were given spurs. :)
The sentence starting with "Johnny wondered..." is so precious! You really do a great job with emotion. And once again, you're amazing at dialog, and much of the your stories are carried by using dialog.
Oh also-I just read the genealogy chart in the back of "Katherine." He marries Margeret Holland. If you're going to allow the readers to be introduced to her, I wonder what she'll be like.
Knightengale chapter 6 . 7/5/2004
I can already see Johnny becoming a complex character. On the one hand, he's officially a knight now and acts like one around others, but on the other hand, he's still just a little boy (if four years have passed, I take it that he's twelve or thirteen now?) and we can see that especially in his way of thinking.
lilyofthevalley5 chapter 6 . 7/3/2004
great story feel like im really there as usual update soon
Danielle chapter 6 . 7/2/2004
Brilliant chapter (again!).
I especially like the last line...
Liriel87 chapter 6 . 7/2/2004
Great chapter. . . it really makes you think! Anyway how old is he now? Its like 4 years later right? Oh well. Update soon!
Liriel
faery tragedy chapter 5 . 6/29/2004
I love it when Tom wakes little Johnny up! I never had a little brother, but I can imagine the modern-day equivalent. His homesickness is so heartbreaking, and written well because you truly get inside Johnny's head. (I mean, isn't that what an author's supposed to do with her characters?)
I think going through a day-by-day account of his training to knighthood would be a little tedious, so I'm glad you chose to outline important parts. I can't wait to read about Johnny's adventures as a teenager!
faery tragedy chapter 4 . 6/29/2004
I'm so sorry that I haven't been around to review this! It's great writing; I've just been lazy.
Already, I like how Johnny is idolizing Harry. It's like when kiddies today idolize a baseball player. What I've noticed is the way you never mention Katherine's name (only referred to as "Mother") makes her seem really distant. Adding that to I got earlier of her weak and weeping, she seems like a ghost. It seems fitting when we're looking at this from Johnny's life.
lilyofthevalley5 chapter 5 . 6/28/2004
I love this story. It is very well written and seems like it is coming from a young boy. write more
Knightengale chapter 5 . 6/25/2004
Yes, I finally have time to catch up!
What a cliffhanger to leave us with. I wonder if a war has erupted and Johnny'll have to fight in it...
Liriel87 chapter 5 . 6/17/2004
Interesting turn of events. I hope he gets over his umm bastardness soon. . . its not a good thing to dwell on. I wonder what happens when he sees his mum and siblings again. Is Harry at Oxford. . . that would be fantastic. Oh well update soon!
Liriel
ossini chapter 5 . 6/15/2004
oh, oh, oh. Is there a girl? Oh, maybe he's gay... hm...
Annyway, UPDATE SOON!