Reviews for In Honorifice Monumentum
Manda Falcon chapter 1 . 4/20/2005
wow. Very powerful and moving. The metaphors are very strong...wow...definately a favourite...
Sat Hari chapter 1 . 12/9/2004
I love this poem, it really is amazing and I love the spider metaphor.
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 4/30/2004
crap that was long! good, but f*ing long! sorry, just; long!
lostontheroof chapter 1 . 4/17/2004
Okay, now this one might be my favorite, I love the image of the four legged spider. you're awesome, don't ever stop.
Cari-anne chapter 1 . 4/15/2004
Wow this is a really incredible poem. There is just so much to say and not enough time. The way you used the Spider and the Eagle was really interesting, I haven't seen a poem like this before at least not on the same topic. In a time like that there was no one to save people. Now you can turn to the police for justice but then the police WERE the ones being evil. I know how you feel. You see so much evil but since it has past there isn't alot you can do about it except remember and try to prevent that. This poem is a great way for you to do justice to those lost. And I am glad you and your friend like my reviews. I hope I don't rant on and on but that what I say can help you. And thank you inturn for the help you gave me.
Cari-anne
freethephoenix chapter 1 . 4/10/2004
I love the spider and colour imagry, wonderful work. And all mechanics aside I like how the beginning flows from poetry into almost-prose (I'm sure there's a politically correct word for almost-prose I just can't think of it). And then it all ends in one final thought, or comandment as I took it. Definitly one of your best pieces.
Did you mean to do this: "Silent murdererS" with the capital on the last letter? Because usually that sort of mechanical stylistic thing can be used in poetry, but usually it's not a singular occurance. Anyway, if you did mean to do that I like the alliteration feeling to it.
lronMaiden chapter 1 . 4/10/2004
wow...slight changes but huuge impact - and now i must say that this poem is one of my faves.