Reviews for Through the Closet Door
Maladiction chapter 17 . 6/12/2004
Another good chapter, well done. I get the feeling that there is more to Alex and Josh's relationship (or rather, there will be). Josh is all Alex has left, and in a way, Alex is all Josh has left.
Just a suggestion (don't wanna write your story for u, lol) but maybe you could have the pupils at the school begin to pick on Josh for hanging around with a gay guy? It would be very true to life...
Btw, 'Swallow' will be updated soon. I'm sorry you didn't like the last line of the e-mail in the story, I added it for the comedy value, and it was also what I felt like saying to my former-friend when she turned homophobic on me. Peace out.
Jamez chapter 17 . 6/12/2004
Good chapter! I thought it was kind of sad though. I always think its sad when people hate themselves :( Aleks is going through so much. He's a strong person in my opinion.
About the third person idea. Go for it! If it doesn't work out then at least you tried, right?
Well, I'm not typing this at school, my dad finally fixed our computer(some anyway. The thing I broke is still broken) apparently I blew something trying to put in the connector for the digital camera. It could happen again, but I'll jut enjoy my computer now.
Ps. In Manitoba we start high school in grade nine. (yey, I'll be in grade ten in a few months!)
Keep up the good writing!
JAmes _
kit feral chapter 1 . 6/11/2004
This is an amazing story! I love the way you made him seem so... real. I feel so bad for the poor kid. You're a really good writer!
Oh, and thanks for the review. I'll try to fix the formating... I didn't realize when you put it on it changes! How annoying! And yeah, I guess my writing was a bit happy, but this is the first time I've tried something darker and it's not as easy as I thought it would be!
Maladiction chapter 16 . 6/8/2004
Wow... this story has touched me so much. To put it bluntly, Alex is me (if not a little exaggerated in places...).
This is a very realistic story, and I know how difficult it can be to write something like this.
By the way, you constantly have to cut chapters short because of parent troubles... why not just save the chapters and work on them the next day, before posting? It would make more sense...
Keep up the good work, I'm enjoying it :-D
Eagle Seance chapter 16 . 6/7/2004
ah now josh's being difficult! good chapter, keep going!
The Rejection chapter 2 . 6/5/2004
Hmm... the only thing that bothered me about this is not carrying the gay thing through. If he doesn't write about it in depth until the later chapters, you should probably take it out of the first one.
He's one violent litte boy, ain't he? ~.
Typo:
"She never wanted me, I can see that *know*." *now
The Rejection chapter 1 . 6/5/2004
The end was rather sudden- you could lead up to his addmition (sp?) a bit more. But I suppose he explains it in the next chapter.
An Inside Joke chapter 16 . 6/4/2004
There doesn't seem to be a whole lot happening, but that might just be because teh chapters lately have been pretty short.
Jamez chapter 16 . 6/4/2004
Meh, so what if It's short? It was good anyway. Well this is Krazie Jamie btw, I changed my name. Oh and one more thing, I sort of broke my computer so I won't be updating for a long time. I'm acually ona school computer for once. wow! Sorry, I'm not used to people looking over my shoulder...Anyway, still update soon, maybe I can get on this computer again soon and read it. K? Tootles for now!
James _
An Inside Joke chapter 15 . 6/2/2004
I didn't know he played basketball. Do the guys act weird around him in the locker room?
Eagle Seance chapter 15 . 6/1/2004
Wow- read this in the past hour. Really good! I like Alex and at the start, his denial etc. I hope being the author, you won't be too hard on the poor boy!
Jamez chapter 15 . 6/1/2004
Poor poor Aleks...(I decided for once I would spell his name correctly). He has so much anger in him now and I just feel so damn sorry for him. *tear
btw, I would love to hear Josh's side.
Oh and you are absolutly right about small towns. Alot of the good little boys from here are now theives and stoners. It really saddens me to see them this way. But at least me and all my friends have grown up fine. So I guess it goes both ways. Hmm..It seems it affects guys more than girls now that i think of it.
Oh, sorry to ramble _
Update SOON! And I will remember what you said about updating Shadow Stalker tonight...grr...
JAmes_
Firgof Umbra chapter 15 . 6/1/2004
Well, this was an interesting chapter!
What to say... um... Well, I don't have much to say other than "great job" and "keep 'em coming plz!" I wish I could find something better, but... Oh well. YOU BETTER KEEP WRITING (warming up whatever) LOL
FoolishBeloved chapter 14 . 5/23/2004
*sniffle* i feel so sorry for poor Alecks, he needs to find himslef a man friend to protect him from the bullies. *nods*
Krazie Jamie chapter 14 . 5/23/2004
It's so sad to see(well read i guess) Alex like this! Stupid bullies, grr. I'm glad people in my small town don't treat gays like that. It just makes me sick.
Like I said before, I hope things get better for him :(