Reviews for Cycle of War
ThatGirlInBlack chapter 1 . 9/17/2005
very sad and very true...as my history teachers always say, "Those who fail to learn the past are condemned to repeat it."
Akai-MS chapter 1 . 6/27/2005
Wow, I guess this is a reason we study history. So that we do not repeat the past. Even today it's no better. This is very sad but it is the truth. You are an awesome poet and I hope you update soon!
Loriency chapter 1 . 6/25/2005
words seem to be a hinderance here (I think someone said that in one of my reviews, too). It's a very good poem, but I think...this is the type of subject that you could elaborate on for pages and pages. I don't think the concept or the message is fully comprehended in just these few words. Hope you don't mind me saying that, it's not an insult, honestly. If I were you (which I'm not, so you don't have to do this) I'd try to rewrite this, just make it a bit longer. I think you could do several paragraphs on just one certain subject, and then move on to the next. It's an endless idea, you could go on forever with it. But nonetheless, I really l iked this one. War is always repeated...it's a wonder they don't learn. Cya!
Story-Teller's Aide chapter 1 . 6/23/2005
I like this piece, especially the numbers technique. It worked really well, and the rhyming is good too. It's actually quite original, and I especially like the way you repeat the cycle at the end of the poem. These days I don't even think we wait 50 years though! Ridiculous, isn't it? Like you said, the old posses wisdom yet we never seem to learn from past mistakes.

anyway, this piece was really good and thanks for reviewing me :P
ShadowPharoh chapter 1 . 6/11/2005
i like how the 2nd stanza is just like that march 2,4,6,8 (who do we appreciate)..etc. i went to military school and it sucked. gr.

this poem had nice word choice, and i loved the last stanza! _

SP
Wingsister chapter 1 . 5/14/2005
This is amazing...I can't find words to describe exactly what I think, and thats a good thing. All I can say is I love it.
LockedAway chapter 1 . 4/13/2004
I loved this poem. It's been said before but I think it was beautifully put. I like how you've ended it with the fact that it will all start again. It has a sense of hopelessness that killing will never end. I thought some parts were quite corny like the line 'Alas they forget the old possess wisdom' but I can deal with that.