Reviews for Midnight Melodies
Steel Winged Angel chapter 1 . 8/30/2004
*applauds* Perfect. You definately express what music means to you as well as a vast majority of the people in the world. You never cease to amaze me.
Hawke
Aisha chapter 1 . 8/9/2004
Hey Matthew,
It's Aisha. I was just reading through some of your work and this just happened to catch my eye. Great song, although I don't know where the chorus is and such (maybe mark that down in later writings) but I put my own tune to this and it is rather catchy. I love it, I love it, I LOVE IT! Keep it up _
nine iron chapter 1 . 5/14/2004
It generally has a nice flow and tempo to it. The wording is descriptive on the subject and intense inplaces. Personally I prefer to keep my lines shorter (really personal preference). It half rhymes and inplaces skips it. I can only say that only half works but does not break the flow so you just about get away with it (probably skillful in fact to do something like that).
Just and addittion to my email, I like to read short (less than 100 words roughly) poems on love, life, nature and mild love/angst.
Keep writing and good luck
Nine Iron
behind the velvet curtain chapter 1 . 5/3/2004
Ah! You make me seem like such a horrible poet!
I love the last stanza! It's so true, we need to let go and just live life while its here.
One mistake I found... I think in "let is course through your ears," is should be it. Other than that, it's amazing, as usual.
"Drifting, diving, careening, can you finally see,
Why this world is meant for you and me?"
I love it, I love it, I love it all!
Keep Writing
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 4/28/2004
wow, very imaginative!
A Pink Spider chapter 1 . 4/13/2004
This is excellent. The sweet escape of music is something cherished in my life, through both the release of negative emotions and the acquiring of positive ones. Getting lost, becoming entranced by a melody is one of the best experiences ever. Your poem realy expresses this.
I Found Myself At 24 chapter 1 . 4/12/2004
Another purely talented piece. Music and writig...two of the greatest things in this world. I don't know what I'd do without them! lol Great job and thanks for the reviews as well! :)
NovaElrica chapter 1 . 4/12/2004
I've never heard that music, but now I really want to! This was really nice. The rhyming was unpredictable but that worked really well. I liked it.