Reviews for With Every Sin
Emmadan chapter 12 . 2/10/2011
I'm very glad that Sadie married Peter, since in Nathan she did not have a MAN whom could be a husband to her nor really love her as she was due. Instead, Nathan deemed it right to fight to continue her enslavement and that of his bastard son, both whom he could have released to freedom but that was the standard way of the racist plantation owners.

Sadie is truly blessed by Peter, he loves her and her son even though Jacob is a continual reminder even in his appearance of Peter's own slavery! Peter is devoted to Sadie's care and well being as he was before the marriage. That was a true great act of unselfish love to not require her to have sex with him on their wedding night and even gave her complete privacy and slept in the barn, all because he knew she did not love him and her heart is deeply attached to Nathaniel. WHAT A GREAT MAN THIS PETER! Yeah! Sadie is extremely BLESSED!

Thank you for this wonderful story Ladii Monique that I enjoyed so much. It strongly demonstrates that you have superb writing skills and creativity! I hated this was the last chapter PLEASE CONTINUE THIS STORY and there is truly so much more to tell of what happens now in all their lives. We know that the South will lose, and I am happy for that but, what will Nathan's life go on to be and Sadie/Peter and Jacob. I am so greatly interested to see!
Emmadan chapter 11 . 2/10/2011
I am not surprised that Sadie is pregnant and now Anna will definitely whip her to death and will Nathan just look on?

It's time for Sadie to run for freedom or commit suicide.
Emmadan chapter 9 . 2/10/2011
Sadie tells Nathaniel that he gave her life by when they were children teaching her to read. And he responds "what is life without freedom and he cannot give her freedom".

She responds what good would freedom do me anyway, I probably just end up in poverty and married to a no good man.

Poor Sadie she is doubly enslaved. Like the Jews in the Nazi concentration camps she has come to look upon her enslaver as the only home worth having, now her God given mind is also enslaved. I think she also reaches for justification for her shame for being in love with him but, regardless of what feelings he has for her she majorly is serving his passions, because she is property while he will give his love and respect in marriage to Anna because she is White like himself.

And Nathan could give her freedom he has the authority to write her a writ of freedom, so I would say that he like many slave owners is enjoying the free release of his passions that he cannot so enjoy with the free White women and while he continues to enjoy all that being in power gives him, including his wealth that comes from his slave ownership, aristocracy and his upcoming marriage. Nathan will continue sex with Sadie after he marries Anna; whereas, if she had freedom the heights of self respect and prosperity she could reach are limitless.
Emmadan chapter 5 . 2/10/2011
I hope Sadie will not be more strongly molested by Nathan's friend Brandon; however, this was the rape of the decency of slave women that they endured, hence all the mulattos.

In that regard where are Sadie's parents.
Emmadan chapter 4 . 2/10/2011
AH! Yes succession! And Nathan will fight for the South and the continued enslavement of Sadie, his "pet". She is right to avoid him and re-emergence of her unrealistic feelings for him.
Emmadan chapter 2 . 2/10/2011
I'm glad that now years older Sadie understands what she did not as a child and see's Nathaniel as a part of her enslavement that she should avoid, rather than as a true friend. How much she will sustain of that POV we will see.

I'm greatly enjoining that this story is still well written with its easy reading flow.
Emmadan chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
I like that the story is a smooth flowing read. Characters adequately drawn so that I have some idea of them and their personalities. Already I feel sort of sad for the girl that her childhood friend is leaving her and what will her future bring as she evolves into young womanhood. Being he is the plantation owner's son perhaps she enjoys some degree of protection from her relationship of friendship with him and that protection may whither in his absence.
Alixermixer chapter 12 . 12/5/2010
Wow this is so good. If it was a different time, this story would be ending so different. I hope that you are able to come back and finish it.
Satellite-Princess chapter 12 . 11/9/2010
Please tell me you are not just going to end it here.

You have to finish it. This is such an awesome story please continue.
mizgardenia21 chapter 1 . 11/4/2010
I actually don't read fiction about the South or the Civil War none have ever really interested me. Then I stumbled upon yours. Wow, there's a lot of angst there but there is a really good story as well. I felt sadness for Sadie and Nathaniel in their hopeless situation. Great plot! I really liked your writing style.
LIERRASIONE chapter 12 . 10/15/2010
wow...is all i can say becuz this is truley a graet story
sylvia chapter 12 . 10/1/2010
I have read a few stories on this website, but this one is pure genius. I could actually say i wanted to cry.I guess the reason why i love your story so much is because I could actually see it taking place "no fantasy ending". I guess the best tales are the ones that end with tragedy.

Thank you for this great read!
lapaige90 chapter 12 . 9/14/2010
Please tell me you are going to finish
Meka chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
I would like to know when can we expect the next chapter. I check everyday just to see is you have updated.
Orchid Vines chapter 12 . 7/20/2010