Reviews for My Dad
oh...that was sweet.
sheZadey chapter 1 . 6/5/2004
aw it was so nice
Debbirooni chapter 1 . 5/25/2004
Overall, I like this poem. Few questions: what do you mean by "He's never cried/ and to me to do the same."
Also, perhaps instead of writing "You see, my mommy died/ And all he did today was cry" you could write "You see, my mommy died/ And all day he cried." ... that way, it'll rhyme better.. but it's only a suggestion.
-Debbirooni
Infinite Smiles chapter 1 . 5/15/2004
This is so simple and yet so beautiful. Seriously, it made my eyes get a bit watery. My father passed away a little over a year ago and this just really reminded me of him. This was beautiful and I know if you were writing from life experience or from another's point of view, but if the child in the poen is you, then I am truly sorry for your loss. I know what it is like to lose a loved one.
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 5/2/2004
very nice protrayal. though i must say, not everyone views their dad like this. tho if you do ur lucky ;) nice poem.
bleak nights in tokyo chapter 1 . 4/17/2004
Oh! This is such a simple, but powerful piece. Truly beautiful.
Dancinggal5389 chapter 1 . 4/16/2004
I love this poem so much... it's great how you can see into a kid's hea dlike that. Write on!

BTW I love Simple Plan too!
Unchained Soul chapter 1 . 4/15/2004
Aw... this is so sad. It's a beautful poem. The fact that it's from the point of view of a child makes it so much more effective.
IcyDevil27 chapter 1 . 4/14/2004
This is so sad! I know the feeling too, truly. It made me want to cry! Great, excellent, truly brilliant.
KaseyLovesNoOne chapter 1 . 4/13/2004
Aw how emotional! If your mom did die, I'm really sorry. But what an emotional poem! I love it!