Reviews for Oceana's Lullabye
CaffineAnonymous chapter 1 . 6/9/2004
Yeah I just felt really peaceful after reading this...I like it. Thumbs up!
Change-Of-Heart chapter 1 . 6/6/2004
Ah.. Very nice and pretty. I will be sure to check out more of your work. Also, thanks for reviewing my poem. I hope you will read more of my poems.
Kaylana chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
Evermore, nevermore, do deed o dee dum...
*ahem* Sorry. Brain. Anyways, teh shpiff, though the adverbs are...hmm. I just don'tlike adverbs much. *shrug*
cael chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
Gently lay your children down
Let them rest so softly
In the comfort of your beat
I am in love with your poetry! Really! Keep it up!
Serene Waters chapter 1 . 5/25/2004
I know you've already heard this, but this is beautiful. Giving it a femal sort of name was smart, it does seem as a mother singing, well, almost to the other mothers, but you're their children who are listening. Very nice.
Your sis in Christ,
Serene Waters
my-vision chapter 1 . 5/17/2004
lovely! it reminds me of the gentle, rhymthmic waves of the ocean. lulling is the right word, i suppose. sorry i haven't commented any of yours, but i really loved this. beautiful!
Edraith chapter 1 . 5/7/2004
This is beautiful. There is a song by the scottish band "Runrig", "Mara", that this reminds me of. I can see the connection between the beat of the ocean and the heartbeat, this is a nice idea. The last line in my view gives a creepy, sinister aspect to the poem, since it could be drowned people that are sleeping forever in the ocean. I like the ambiguity of this, the double meanings of sleep and lullabye. Really good job.
Dark Mage Raistlin chapter 1 . 4/30/2004
...I realise I've failed to review many of your poems gomen! ;; This one is prettyful, especially the last line... I really enjoy the pulsing beat behind the words and the way that it sounds a lullaby in oceantide, and your word choice is magnificent...
vturnip chapter 1 . 4/14/2004
I too find inspiration in the ocean and nature. Love the ideas expressed and the poem was witty and cute.
Rigalphantisi911 chapter 1 . 4/13/2004
sleepers in you evermore... it sounds kind of sad. i like how you gave the ocean a name and made it a she. it makes it sound maternal. makes you feel secure. this is good. very good.
Getuie chapter 1 . 4/13/2004
I'm not one for being in water, that much you know... but there's ... a power in the movement of water that has always caught my attention. Be it in a swimming pool, a stream or the mighty ocean itself. It's the power to raise it's hand and, with as much force as it can muster and yet with the gentlest touch, bring the heart with even the greatest turmoil to rest. Once again well written... beautifully said.
eew chapter 1 . 4/12/2004
Oh, I love this! It' such a short poem but the words just captivate me so much... I loved every line of it... Great Job! Keep Writing...