Reviews for The wolves of Promeneur Castle
sophiesix chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
I'm guessing you wrote this ages ago, so there's probably not much point reviewing it, but oh well. Gives me practice, I guess ;) Sorry if this is entirely unwanted.

I liked the concept here, the plot, and some moments were memorable, ("he could feel their bulky paws hitting the cobble stone " I particulary like) but on the whole I found it awkward and laborious. It's partly the run on sentences and partly just little things that could be cut (IMO). Like the two agains in this sentence doesn't seem to serve a purpose to me: "A howl so strange and beautiful to him that he bolted upright, dropping his book again and wasting no time in running to the window again." Or naming the two eldest sons Absolon and Chayne when they are never afterwards mentionned as individuals. And then just little things like that Courtney is a girl, so her father should call her "Ma Cherie". THese things sort of built up to reduce the believability and realness of teh story, making it harder to engage. Anyway, enough pointless reviewing :) It was a great concept, well structured, and i thought finished at an appropriate point. Was there ever a Section 2?
D chapter 1 . 6/7/2005
I still remember the long story that you told that night about how you literally wrote this in the backyard of some guys house (whoever it was that you were living with at the time) and wrote this in long hand and you were so upset becuase you couldn't think of what to do next in it. I hope that one day you find your conclusion.D.
Clodhopper chapter 1 . 4/13/2004
wow, speechless.
this was a great story, i loved it really. there is only one thing i can suggest: there were a couple sentences boardering run ons. but other than that it was great. really interesting plot and characters so far. i'd love to see it develop.