Reviews for Dust in the Wind
CassandraRose526 chapter 1 . 5/19/2005
Very good. It reminds me of some verses, I think they're in the beginning of the book of Ecclesiastes.

Cassandra
Steel Winged Angel chapter 1 . 8/30/2004
This so beautifully shows a philosophy you hold so dear to you, love. You always seem to be able to pull the reader into your mind for a brief glimpse of who you are.
Hawke
AmberBloom chapter 1 . 7/20/2004
:claps: wow, very deep! Loved it! Keep writing!
Shy Violet Fae chapter 1 . 4/30/2004
This is a good poem, except I would suggest that you tweak the puncuation in it here and there. Just to make it have more of an effect. :)
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 4/30/2004
nice use of stanzas
Arnay chapter 1 . 4/24/2004
Matthew,
I am one of those people. I read your poem and thought about what it meant and found myself to be one of them. I read your bio, and you said you were a Christian(as am I) and you liked to write tradgedy and stories without hope, and there's nothing wrong with that. Sometimes it the hopeless ones that opens our eyes to our own hypocrisy and helplessness. Your poetry is deeply felt, well written, and moving. Keep writing: there's not much else to say.
Sterces chapter 1 . 4/15/2004
wow... Yes... I found you through seeker, don't you know! And I really liked this poem. I love the ending and how it flowed... Awsome job!
JTM Aegis chapter 1 . 4/15/2004
This is a bitter-sweet poem. Gentle meter like dust in the wind. A couple obscure phrasing situations but that is ok. I like this one a lot. Definitely one of your better pieces.
Sara Bickley chapter 1 . 4/15/2004
You've done it again. Fine job.
I Found Myself At 24 chapter 1 . 4/15/2004
Beautiful, especially the last two lines!
A Girl in Denial chapter 1 . 4/15/2004
This is amazing. I really like this. For having been on here a week, this is some of the best work I've ever seen. Thank God there are people like you that aren't bound to the cliche ways. That's someone I'd like to be, but a fourteen-year-old can only go so far. I can't wait to read and review all your work! It's so refreshing to read. I do hope you have another way to be truly commended for your work, you are above and beyond the credit that FictionPress can give you. Cheers.
agid
Cari-anne chapter 1 . 4/14/2004
I must say that you did an incredible job of showing how life and existence are totally different things. Existing may seem ok but you begin to hate yourself when you see all the things you have missed out on and what an empty person you are now. Lovely poem the form is great, I love to read because of how it sounds.
freethephoenix chapter 1 . 4/14/2004
I liked this one because it almost had a tune to it as I was reading. I liked the repition of the ryhming couplets, that was and effective symbol throught the poem.
Why did you decide to break the rythem with the three line ryhme at the end? It's interesting because it breaks the flow of the poem and then gives your last couplet a final bit of emphasis. Good Job.
Acorna chapter 1 . 4/14/2004
Powerful imagery. I like your choice of words, definitly the ending. I loved the last two lines.
vturnip chapter 1 . 4/14/2004
I wonder this all the time about me. Thank you for the writing, love the work.