Reviews for Simple Melancholy
Songs of sorrow chapter 1 . 5/5/2005
Ahh, that's really good. Really nice imagery. I like the image of the picture haunting you on the last line that kinda shows the

S.O.S x
Ms.O'Byrne chapter 1 . 2/15/2005
Wow, I like yours, its like mine, but yours is better! . Mines just angsty! Damn you! YOUR GOOD! ::Cries::
Steel Winged Angel chapter 1 . 8/30/2004
Such saddness. You and I seem to have a thing for painting metaphorical pictures of life. Different styles certainly, but still. Kindred spirits in every way.
Love,
Hawke
Girl in the Shadows chapter 1 . 6/21/2004
i think all of your poems are great - but this one particularly called out to me and inspired me! I think its really meaningful and I love the imagery and rhyme you've used - its such a beautiful poem ! :-)
Chiwan Hikari chapter 1 . 6/19/2004
This is a great poem. Mostly simple, but still with great detail. It's deep and meaningful, and it reveals a lot and merges emotions with nature.
Very original.
Amethyst Horizon chapter 1 . 4/19/2004
wow! this poem is absolutly gorgeous! Even though it's supposed to be sad, you portrayed it so beautifully! you also have excellent rhyme scheme throughout the entire piece! Wonderful work! (Thanks so much for the review!)
x-Anti Matter-x chapter 1 . 4/17/2004
This is very good. It describes what you may have been feeling when you wrote it. Probably one of the best poems I've read on the site. Keep up with the work!
x Kanojo x
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 4/16/2004
aw that was cute!
and after reading your bio... youre only on the fav lists of 13 ppl? if thats possible then how the hell did i find 36 to add me since youre a much better writer? theres smthg messed up here! well, now youre on 14 since i added you :P
Echo Despise
Sara Bickley chapter 1 . 4/16/2004
Very strong imagery - it's like seeing
the picture painted before your eyes.
BTW, in the sixth stanza an apostrophe seems to have crept into "spins."
A Girl in Denial chapter 1 . 4/16/2004
I'm really sorry you felt that way, but this is a beautiful poem. Nice ending line, nice everything. It flows really well.
agid
A Pink Spider chapter 1 . 4/16/2004
This poem has inspired an image in my mind of a tower that lay in ruins next to the ocean. The ruins have been overgrown with moss, the wind is howling and the grass on the cliff where the tower stands is dull and half dead . It really sets the mood with a distinct sense of loneliness and despair. The beauty of the writing is striking. I dig it.
LockedAway chapter 1 . 4/16/2004
Very nice. In each stanza there were words that made me read them again as they were beautifully put. I loved the rhyme of the 'pulsing stream'. I found the imagery to be very beautiful although cruel and at times grotesque.
I Found Myself At 24 chapter 1 . 4/16/2004
Really good as usual! I especially liked the first 3 lines. *applauds* Keep it up! :)
memories chapter 1 . 4/16/2004
I dont know how to describe this.. but i like it very much so, and you are a very talented writer. You've captured everything you felt beautifully in this.. encore P
cosmo-queen chapter 1 . 4/15/2004
A very powerful poem, which I liked a lot. The imagery in this is wonderful and it conveys the message beautifully. Great work :)
*cosmo-queen*