Reviews for Knowing Someone
Rosanna28 chapter 1 . 2/22/2005
Hello there Matthew, I hope I'm not annoying you, but I was reading through your poems, and I couldn't help but notice this one.

I'll tell you why this one means so much to me.

Aisha asked me once, if I could write the second half of a poem for her, so it would make a song. And this is the poem she wanted me to make the second half off! So I was wondering...

Well, maybe Aisha already let you read it, but I want to know what you think about the two following stanza's I wrote on your poem. Since you're such a great writer and this IS your poem and your idea.

Here is what I wrote:

It's knowing why they do the things they do,Why they laugh and why they cry,Knowing what keeps the friendship true,Seeing the starts in their beautiful eyes,

It's knowing where they like to be,What road they're willing to take,Knowing the one place that they feel free,A place that only you can make.

Can you let me know what you think about it? I would really appreciate it.

Much Love,

Rosanna.
airramexplorer chapter 1 . 11/3/2004
This is a great poem. I really like it. It is very nice.
Jennacharm chapter 1 . 4/28/2004
It's all in the third and fourth line.
Knowing the sound of someone's feet.
As they walk up behind you.
Now, that's hard to do.
Unless that someone is... your dog.
Good job. One of your better ones.
dawningfear chapter 1 . 4/26/2004
I quite like the thrid and fourth lines. The last line is nice also, though the rhythm's just a touch off. Conserning subject matter, I like this very much. Probably the reason why I like the third and fourth lines so much is because I relate to them the most _ Cute piece.
Steel Winged Angel chapter 1 . 4/19/2004
Not like your typical deep poetry. A whole nother side of you. Intresting. I personally like your metaphorical poetry better, but that's just me.
Alia G. L chapter 1 . 4/18/2004
Really good. I like this poem. I think you should add some more to it, though. It kinda leaves you just hanging, if you know what I mean. Besides that, very good.
Heavily Horizontal chapter 1 . 4/18/2004
wow...this is really nice-so heart warming. ilove the part 'as they walk up behind you'. It's kindof sad as nowadays people are neglecting families and friends. They work so much that you don't know who they are anymore. But this is what many want. In cluding me. Nice job.
the lorax is coming chapter 1 . 4/17/2004
i compleatly and totally agree... thats how i know if i know someone...if i know what their fav. color is, ir what car they want to drive...
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 4/17/2004
nice poem! very well said.
A Girl in Denial chapter 1 . 4/17/2004
Aw, that's really sweet! I like this one. Short, cute, and very true. (OK, maybe "cute" isn't exactly the word you wanted to hear, but it is cute. Honestly.)
agid