Reviews for The Golden Days
Joey7691 chapter 1 . 1/1/2005
I really like this one. Wistful. I'm putting this one in my favourite stories list.
Nikolomagne chapter 1 . 9/2/2004
"Youth is wasted on the young."
Excellent rhyme scheme and rhythym. You've outdone yourself this time. _
Sore wa tokuzetsu
limpet666 chapter 1 . 6/17/2004
This is a great poem. It really brings into view how simple it is when we're young but how quickly we are thrown into the "real" world and how after that the only tranquility (your word, lol) we get is when we die.
Amaryllis-lily chapter 1 . 5/2/2004
I understand what you're trying to say in this poem. This poem caused me to remember the first couple of years of elementary school - we all seemed so sweet and innocent. Now, my relationships with the kids I used to play with after school every week have deteriorated. Very sad, but it happens to most people. Good job.
Slashzilla chapter 1 . 5/1/2004
waoh... That is so true. Life forces you to give up your chidhood after what only seems to be a couple of days, and then you can never go back to being the sweet innocent child you were. I must admit though, i still sleep with my Teddie Behr, the teddy bear i've had for a while now. In retrospect, this seems a pathetic attempt at the golden years, where you could run around and get away with murder b/c you were so darn cute. I could get away with just about anything... Ahh. Good Times, Good Times.
Robert-Andrew-Frogg chapter 1 . 4/29/2004
How old did you say you were?
I have not seen a poem like this from anyone below the age of about thirty before now. That is amazing. It's brilliant... I can't think of the words I want to use!
invalid id chapter 1 . 4/27/2004
Marvelous! I love this stuff! You're a favorite Hun! I just wish you'd work on the format and style and create your own little presentation style, I think that would escalate your work into another level. To me that separates the regular writers from the ones who know their craft. But even so, this is still good.
Schubiegirl chapter 1 . 4/26/2004
good job, the rhyme cheme flows very well. i loved the parts:
Where to now? Where do I go?
To deserts hot or arctic snow?
Blasphemy! A far off dream
The heart-broken know what I mean
Those seemed to flow the best. Good job!
Crimson-Fantasy chapter 1 . 4/25/2004
I like the ending alot you did a good job has alot of emmotion in it oh and the line there is no warmth that I can find that is a great one to there are lots of others but I won't name them all keep writing*:)* K.P.
Summerdazed chapter 1 . 4/25/2004
hey, this is beautiful! the rhymes are nice too! my fav. lines are these two:
Where to now? Where do I go?
To deserts hot or arctic snow?
don't get me wrong, all the others are great too, just these are perfect for me :O) if you know what I mean! _
summerdazed
Yomology chapter 1 . 4/23/2004
Thank you for your review. I love this poem,it's my favorite out of all of yours. It brings back memories. And just so you know, my poem was not only about growing up in society, I am growing up in society right now, (only 15).
cottoncandy chapter 1 . 4/20/2004
oh my god..that is so sad, but so true...i love this, excellent work