Reviews for Desperate Symphony
Marsha Mellow chapter 1 . 4/27/2006
Great poem! It shows a lot of emotion and I can just imagine that person talking. It's like a poetic story. Very well done!
pneumothorax chapter 1 . 4/10/2005
Had a few strange lines:"Strike the drums…Beat them fast."

However, nice parallells with the symphony to life I guess.
this is britt chapter 3 . 3/21/2005
Really grand way to end.
this is britt chapter 2 . 3/21/2005
it's a beautiful poem and a beautiful idea- it renders an epic in my mind. I'm going to try to favorite it if I have not used all spots already.
foreverXfall chapter 1 . 2/13/2005
I absolutely love this poem. i enjoyed how you worked all the instruments into the piece.
Sarah chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
The poem- Desperate Symphony. Is an awesome poem and it is very well written! The poet is a extremely good writer! The poem is a poem that is really well read and easy to understand.
HideAwayFairy chapter 1 . 5/19/2004
This is so beatiful and sad. I love how you use the different instruments with a diff thing. Very good!
this is britt chapter 1 . 4/29/2004
This, by far, is my favorite poem of yours. Interesting metaphor you drew- I could never think of that. So good. I hope to see more from you.
Carolyn Jeannette chapter 1 . 4/29/2004
how sweet. I liked it. I play viola, piano, violin and guitar and so reading about the different instruments was interesting. It was a little long, I think you could have accomplished the same feat in less lines, but that's really just a writing beginning seemed to drag on a little but you made up for it towards the end. I liked the ending part about her singing. I liked it.
Cat
daphnegray78 chapter 1 . 4/26/2004
Aw! That's so sad...and yet, sweet. This is a truly beautiful poem.
Evanish chapter 1 . 4/26/2004
Oh my, this is so well written. I really like the flow of it.
galiemme chapter 1 . 4/22/2004
very sweet. about someone you know? I think it's good anyway.
xLecta chapter 1 . 4/21/2004
Very original idea. I love the ending, very powerful.
thewriterlioness chapter 1 . 4/21/2004
"look at these hands / aren't they soft? / they weren't meant for labor, / or for fighting others off./ yet they fight desperate enough, / fighting against this love..."
i love it. especially the beginning - just the voice, emotions, and the word choice...depicting a polite pain.
random, i know, but it reminds me of the conductor in the phantom tollbooth. the conductor that, with his music, brought up the sun and everything that happened in the world.