Reviews for Liberal
Eternity sword chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
Thank you. I know it's been forever since you published this but really, thank you.
I remember a couple years ago, this girl decided to say (if front of the entire class!) that atheists had no morals... I spent the next several hours crying. Granted, I was already depressed that year, but that sure didn't help, and I admit I've been wary of advocating my own views ever since then.
And there IS a difference between abortion and murder, etc. Those other cases? They were born they LIVED, they had people and connections, and things to be in the world FOR. That's why abortion's legal, and slitting your five year old's throat isn't.
And those that say you can't be liberal and love America?
They can devote their live to finding a way to live on the freaking moon. We have different opinions, and we're not bowing down to kiss their feet! If they don't like it, they can go screw themselves!
crazeedaizee411 chapter 1 . 4/8/2008
Okay, so first off, what makes you stereotype conservatives as much as this girl stereotypes liberals? Conservatives are right on some things, at least we're not Hypocrites! You super liberals are pro-abortion and anti-DeathPenalty. That's like saying, kill the innocent and save the guilty. And more women die each year from Abortion rather than child birth. Also, the War on Terror is there to help bring peace to the Middle East, and most of the soldiers CHOSE to fight. Don't decide what you think is right for them when they want to fight for their country! And you can talk all day about how stupid Bush is, and yet you'll defend Bill Clinton who raped interns and cheated on his wife with Monica Lewinsky? That's stupid if you ask me...

Sorry for the rant. Good poem otherwise your bad judgement and skewed politics. It had nice flow.
divinexglory chapter 1 . 3/20/2007
"I’ll support the War on Terror one hundred percent

Who cares about the lives we destroy?"

-So then what about the lives that the terrorists have destroyed? What, they don't matter?

"At least there was no abortion"

-You say you are against war and killing, but then it's okay to kill an unborn child? And you (and all liberals) justify this by claiming that child is not 'alive'? Actually, it is very much alive. I have a baby sister (3 years old) so maybe I'm biased, or maybe because I'm conservative. But, abortion is just not the way to go. That's what adoption agencies are for. Who knows; Angelina Jolie may adopt them. And what of half-birth abortion? Is that okay, too? Just because the child is only half born, we can still kill it? Think about that for a long time.
Horse Divorce chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
I love it. I can't stand people who call liberals faithless, immoral, etc.
Story-Teller's Aide chapter 1 . 8/1/2004
people can be so ignorant, they condemn gay marriage because the purpose of marriage is supposedly to have children. well there are thousands of gay couples who have children, either adopted or from sperm donors or surrogate mothers etc.
and a foetus in the womb is not 'alive' like a person killed in war.
anyway, great poem.
Gunnink chapter 1 . 7/22/2004
This is an awesome POV; an experience brilliantly turned into words that portray your feelings to others. Great poem. Not many dare to breach this subject.
christhaunted chapter 1 . 7/15/2004
you cant be a liberal and love america
Allie chapter 1 . 6/27/2004
This was so cool! I love the style you wrote it in too. Amazing, brilliant!
Kittle chapter 1 . 6/7/2004
This is well written, but I have one question: Are you aware that an abortion is nor performed in cases of tubule pregnancy?
Delete Name chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
May I ask why you support abortion, though? I mean, you say you have morals and that you're against killing people and stuff, and I agree and support that fully, but how can one be against war but for abortion? One is killing 1/3 of our parents generation, and the other is killing 1/3 of _our_ generation.
Just a question I've asked just about everybody who said the same thing, lol.
Anyways, I liked the poem. It was strong, and powerful, and you're preaching it like you should, but you also should let others preach, because you're not the only one with something to say, as I learned. Your poem doesn't seem to acknowledge that.
9/10
Phoenix Sorrow chapter 1 . 5/27/2004
w00t! way too true. I am a liberal, and I get that occassionally... this is really good.
Oceanus chapter 1 . 5/6/2004
this is very cool. it makes me think, and it's right. because that is what they want. i love america too, but i don't like some of it's views. this rocks!
xzerinieah chapter 1 . 5/2/2004
Nice. Real gutsy and stuff. ...Is 'gutsy' even a word?
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 4/29/2004
awesome sarcasticness... great format... its amazing I love it.. may favorite thing of yours EVER! amazing amazing amazing
obsidian katana chapter 1 . 4/29/2004
awesome poem, i love how you expressed your feelings in this sarcastic, cynical sorta way. and i'd agree, even though i am a Christian. though i wouldn't personally agree with gay marriage, i'm not gonna go force my opinion on anyway, and if people wanna get married, that's for themselves to choose, not for others to impose our own will. and yeah, i've been against the war since the beginning, "war on terror"... haha so ironic, i was writing a poem alluding to that in history cause my history teacher, i love how he says bush is so ignorant in history and might repeat vietnam if he's not more careful and doesn't think about consequences. anyway, sorry i'm kinda rambling. great job on this, i love the passion in this piece. keep writing!