Reviews for The Roaring Tigers Squadron
A. Pedant chapter 1 . 4/9/2005
"“Helm, take us about by 10 degrees.” The captain ordered the helmsman while his brown eyes showed a hint of determination.

“Ten degrees, aye sir.” The helmsman acknowledged as he adjusted the controls to move the ship to the left."

The ship would actually go to the right. Bearings are measured from the prow (or whatever the front bit is called on a spaceship) in degrees. 090 would be to starboard (3 o'clock), 180 the rear, 270 port(9 o'clock), 045 half-right (half-past one). Also, there was no mark. In three dimensions, you need to say how far you're turning up and down also. So, 0 mark 045 would mean 'go straight ahead, but up at an angle of 45 degrees relative to our level now. And 0 mark 090 would mean straight your bearing should be "Helm, take us about 350 mark 0."Yeah, yeah, I'm a pedant.
hiro0911 chapter 1 . 7/21/2004
for some reason I was shocked after reading your summary because i have written a story which has the same idea (not really the exact same story) as yours! mine is crap though, but finished and published here in (my first finished story too). Well anyway dude, I've gone through your work and what I liked about it are the speaking lines because you made a good job by making them sound real (like the people in the job communicates and all) and I've noticed you're quite well informed out these space crafts (what in the world is a turbovator?) :-p. Take care dude, and ill be glad to here of updates if they wont hurt - email me because I don't turn on my author alerts (anti-email flood...).
P.S.
I like anime too! I've written a story and made a website of it anime-style, i invite u to check it out -
rpg2/zerodragon
hiro-0911
AER1988 chapter 1 . 5/5/2004
Whoa, this is really cool! It has a sort of 'Gundam' feel to it (which I like). Can't wait for the next chapter.
Aki1 chapter 1 . 4/28/2004
Ooh, a sci-fi military manga feel, I like it alot. o I enjoy the humor snippet you included with the Tigers squabbling over romantics; it makes them more real and gives them a more personal sense of humanity.

Suggestions? Hmm...well, you might want to put a little work into imagery. Other than that, this story's full of potential; your dialogue's good, the flow well-paced and seamless, overall well done.

Well, good job so far, and I'm waiting for the next chapter!

Aki