Reviews for Play Pretend
Orual chapter 1 . 6/8/2006
You certainly have potrayed how many people live their lives. You did a wonderful job contrasting the reality of the world to the things people submerge themselves in to escape that reality.
Maisha Mafuriko chapter 1 . 9/19/2005
Surrounded by tragic news/events...and good to realize...that "Play Pretend" is at times a game that helps to matain the sanity...

Good writing that captures the reality of the world of pretend.
Anje chapter 1 . 2/7/2005
wow nicely written, very nicely written.. peh I can't think of a good review sorry. I do understand what you feel though, very emotional, keep it up! Its goin in my favs by the way!

KatanaFireFox
Dying Without Gackt chapter 1 . 12/8/2004
THIS ONE IS SO GOING IN MY FAVS! I loved the feeling and its exactly down to the syllable how I feel. I hate it when my parents tell me to pay attention to the news and whats going around me...I just want to stay locked up in my own little world because I know I can't face the reality. I liked the rhyming as well. Excellent Job!
Damascus Ochre chapter 1 . 6/17/2004
Wow. Utterly...powerful. The rhyme scheme was well-used, and allowed everything to have a dreary air before flickering to where one "would rather be" doing/seeing/thinking something else, the way humans enjoy lying to themselves that nothing but their own pleasures exists.
This is another favorite, for sure!
Kit
Fabian Cortez chapter 1 . 6/9/2004
This is the best of your works that I have read so far. Excellent flow, excellent word choices and excellent rhythm.
A very powerful message; stating how we can all at one time or another bury our heads in the sand; rather than face up to some of the awful realities in life.
A great piece of poetry!
Very Well Done
KEEP WRITING!
F.C
Topaz Waters chapter 1 . 5/25/2004
Awesome. I know exactly what you mean, feel this way alot. I love "Hearing the news/gunfire sounding in the air/I would rather be in my room/pondering on what to wear." It's like...People feel bad about ignoring everything aroud them, but what else can you do? Great poem, I love it.
breakme chapter 1 . 5/3/2004
This is great. Its emotional and makes so much sense.
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 5/1/2004
;) nice poem! wow.
TygirSky chapter 1 . 4/28/2004
Wow, i loved this poem. The rhyme made it flow, and it all came togather nicely. You sumed it up pretty well with the last few lines. I feel the same way a lot of times. Anyway, i think i'm babbling now so i'll stop.
Keep writing poems, i'ed love to read them!
rainbowskye chapter 1 . 4/27/2004
Nice poem, I like the title and the accuracy of it (I hate thinking of titles!) I think that everybody would rather just ignore the troubles of the world and be able to get on with their lives, however hat is difficult at times... I like the rhyming, and I think it's used effectively here (eg-
'In a place of conflict
hatred running deep.
I would rather be in bed
sound asleep.')
Nice poem- I enjoyed reading it!
Questionable Chains chapter 1 . 4/27/2004
Wow. This poem is awesome and really speaks to me. It's exactly how I feel of the world right now. Incredible!
Amara Ryden chapter 1 . 4/26/2004
I love this! I think that it captures the feelings that people have when they dont want to face reality...
Impaired chapter 1 . 4/25/2004
Eh... I know the feeling all too well. Reality is a hard thing to face and you've done a wonderful job in portraying it as so in your writting.
S2JasmineRainS2 chapter 1 . 4/24/2004