Reviews for The March for Women's Lives
Serendipitist Swan chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
I don't usually read the newspaper, preferring to watch the news instead, but I alwasy see equal coverage. Maybe it's just the area that I live.

The media is always bias. Whenever people are involved there's bias, you just have to learn to find the least amount of bias.

Speaking of bias, your whole essay is rather hypocritical. *Technically* you are part of the media at the moment and while you are arguing against bias you categorize abortion as "the right to murder an unborn child". "Murder" means illegal killing, as of now abortion is not illegal so your word choice is incorrect and presents a skewed view of things. If you said abortion is the right to kill an unborn child, you would be correct and I would have nothing to say on that matter.

If you wanted to create an unbiased essay you would leave your personal opinions out of it.

-Swan
kellybeth1775 chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
Funny how a couple years ago, being associated with anything Muslim was a negative; now, liberals are preaching open arms and acceptance.
me no baby chapter 1 . 2/23/2005
I don't actually see the point of this. Are you complaining about unfair media coverage, or about abortion? Also, The March for Live gets plenty of media coverage, from what I've seen. It all depends on what newspapers you read. As for abortion, I feel that it's the woman's right to choose. A fetus is just an advanced egg, which nobody minds killing (hence periods being perfectly acceptable) and a child is just an advanced fetus. So why is it okay to kill an egg, when it too could be a child? Where is the dividing line between egg and fetus and baby?
Poetrybay chapter 1 . 1/16/2005
ver good, that's all i got to say is very good. very well written keep the good work
GoogleCorelli chapter 1 . 1/4/2005
Very nicely put. I don't agree with all of your points, but I'm definitely with you in one thing: everyone needs to be exposed to different points of view, or they'll never develop any thoughts other that what they've been taught.

Also, thanks for reviewing my essay.
logical-unreason chapter 1 . 11/30/2004
"moles and trolls, moles and trolls, work, work, work, work, work. you never see the light of day. what does it all mean?"

That really reminded me of a Kafka story called the "The Burrow".
Nyaa chapter 1 . 11/29/2004
Media exists to sell itself, clear dialectic arguments do not sell, and therefore media is inherently biased.

I always find it somewhat irresponsible of people who blame their favourite newspapers for not showing both sides of the coverage. Yes, it would be nice if they would, but I regard it as a person's own responsibility to find out about any sides of an issue that they want to. If you want the truth you should be looking at more than source anyways, otherwise you don't really have enough information to come to any conclusions not given to you on a silver platter.

And as a side-note, I am very pro-choice, and all the nasty comments about the pro-choice protest offended me. Yes, we'll soften the sounds a bit -but y'all will make themmuch harsher than they need to be, (ie: murder!). They're both correct, it's just whichever one you choose.

Not to mention that it showed me you shouldn't be complaining about other people's lack of objectivity by failing to be objective yourself.
On Mercury chapter 1 . 11/20/2004
Very well-written essay. You made your point clearly and provided support. Well done!

I may not agree with you, but you have a point about certain coverage. And the Pope thing was quite funny.

OM
Forest Passant chapter 1 . 11/3/2004
h'm... how 'bout impartial coverage. Report and let us decide. Only really do it this time.
Cthulhu chapter 1 . 11/2/2004
It is the woman's choice. it is the woman's body and only the person involved should have a say.
greenbanana chapter 1 . 8/3/2004
No newspaper is unbiased. It just supports the side that is morally right. Women's rights are important, a lot more important than anti-feminism demonstrations. I mean, I'm sure the newspaper doesn't give glowing reviews of K activity, or activities of other predjudiced groups.
theworldisround chapter 1 . 7/27/2004
I agree that the media should report both sides.
I don't like how you put reproductive rights as killing an unborn child. The US Supreme Court and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists oppose abortion bans because there are times when a woman's health or life is at risk and an abortion is necessary.
Good abortion quote (which I have on my profile),
If you can't trust a woman with a choice, how can you trust her with a child?
Believe me, women are smart. They will make the best decision for them. You don't have to worry.
L. S. Lynn chapter 1 . 7/14/2004
The media does have a tendency of making me very upset. Mostly they choose one side of the story they like. You pointed out abortion and how they shed more light on being pro-choice then being pro-life. They do this to the point where they are basically force feeding the idea down our throats. Making it impossible for a person, who reads 3 newspapers a day, to get more then one side of the story. This makes a person feel like they are well educated on a subject, when actually they are sorely mistaken.
By the way I would rather prevent the earthquake even though I love my mother. That question is kind of linked to, “The building is on fire and you have a choice between saving a family member or 3 strangers. Who would you save?” I don’t remember where that one is from though. But what do you think?
Tk.T chapter 1 . 7/11/2004
The media, I think, is very unreliable. Half the time they're taking one side of a opinion, like you said.
PS. Thank you for reviewing WORD SMART. But I have one clarification to make. A flame is not constructive. A flame isn't a review that disagrees with an author, a flame is something that goes around the lines of: "This sucks! What the hell is this crap that I'm reading? You can't write worth shit" Those kind of reviews are flames! Now me, personally, I wouldn't care if I got a reveiw like that. That just shows the stupidity of that reviewer, but to more sensitive writers something of that nature could affect them.
Happy writing!
Tk.T~
Phoenix-Pen chapter 1 . 7/10/2004
I agree with you, it is sick that the media is used in this way, though I long ago gave up expecting anything better. I am also pleased to hear you say that you are anti-war. It makes your criticisms of fahrenheit9/11 even stronger. And yes, I do need to do some more research of my own. Thank you! :)