Reviews for The Ransom
E. M. Jenkinson chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
It's a good piece, albeit extremely brief. I like the idea, though I feel it could have been expanded upon a little. You know, have more suspense to build up to the moment where he unmasks the kidnapper? Perhaps even a little history between Richard and his son.

Again though, it's a good piece. Keep up the work!
Alan Wellest chapter 1 . 9/24/2008
Great short story. The ending was kind of predictable for me. Even though, the suspense was still there. My admiration.
Venustas iaceo chapter 1 . 4/8/2005
Interesting. I don't think I like it for the simple reason of.. it was boring! It's just so...*shakes head* I dunno. It doesn't stand out for me. It doesn't stand up to the high standard that you've set for yourself when it comes to me.
Forgotten-Whispers chapter 1 . 3/6/2005
Oh wow that was good! I loved the ending. Oh before I go on - I'm not the real forgotten-Whispers. This is her friend and since she doesn't always have access to a computer - she told me to review stuff for her. So yeah anyways very good!
Ryla Dante chapter 1 . 2/27/2005
You did it again. I was sort of expecting him to kill the guy, but THAT was not not what I had in mind at all! Way to go! I will keep an eye out on you!
jackie chapter 1 . 1/22/2005
hi. i like this one evil, evil, son. i thought the son was younger though. its kinda confusing about who got shot (or it could only be me who is confused im like that sometimes)
Merit Somnia chapter 1 . 6/18/2004
Wonderful and harsh reality. How love twists one way to another can be quite surprising and you showed that well in this story.
psychochick3 chapter 1 . 6/1/2004
I like this. It's short, to the point, and with that certain twist right at the end that cuts straight into the reader's mind.
I get the feeling that people don't appreciate short stories. They always want to know more. But my favorite stories are the one that don't really tell you anything. More is left to the reader's imagination, and somehow that makes it more lasting.
Ippanippan chapter 1 . 5/27/2004
wow, that was very good. at first i thought you were just taking that off of a movie called "the randsom" but the ending was unbeliveable very good story
aqua-angel chapter 1 . 5/23/2004
Oh my freakin fudgicle! I did not expect that twist at all, I thought Richard was going to die or something :P Wow, great job with pulling that off. The ending totally took me by surprise. This would've been a great tale if you had made it more than 1 chapter, starting from the beginning of the whole kidnapping scenario. This is because readers would be more attached to the main character and the ending would've been even more dramatic. However, as a one shot it was very, very good. Poor Richard... his son is dead now *sniffle*
Teffers chapter 1 . 5/19/2004
Brilliant! I love the final twist, it was well writen. Keep up the good work!
ShadowPharoh chapter 1 . 5/18/2004
woa. . .nice story! i like the ironicy at the end. wonderfivul!
*SHADOW*
firefairy27 chapter 1 . 5/16/2004
that's kinda creepy, kinda evil son i guess.
icanreadncount chapter 1 . 5/14/2004
Oh, great twist at the end. Good stuff. Aw, I feel so bad for Richard, he tried so hard to get his son back, even would've died for him, and... aw, poor guy.
Yrouna chapter 1 . 5/11/2004
BAD SON. so he's just trying to set up his father to get $1,0,0 eh? BAD BAD SON.