Reviews for Flagellated
Getuie chapter 4 . 4/24/2012
I think we all come to a point where we ask "God, where are You?" How we feel so struck down that we do not, can not stand up again... and seeking comfort in that is so incredibly hard.

This poem is well expressed. The use of 'If I didn't know' really punches the point through that, despite what we go through... we KNOW. Well done.
Broken Petals chapter 4 . 4/24/2012
This is really good. Seriously. There's something about the word 'if'. It's so simple, and yet strong phrases can follow it. . . yes, I'm trying to sound deep _ . God bless ya!
Wasted Postage chapter 4 . 4/24/2012
This reminds me of a song by Skillet called Imperfection. Which, like your poem, is awesome.

There was so much emotion in this, I can't even begin to convey how it makes your reader feel.

Masterful work...never stop writing.

*AbunaiChikara
Sa-ah chapter 4 . 4/24/2012
Wow, you have a beautiful understanding.

"If I knew

this was Your work –

not my failure,

in spite of my failure –

if I believed it,

I could

bow down;

if."

This is what me and my dad are trying to face in our lives. We just need to come to terms with it... This really hit home for me, and it was touching. Thank you for the wonderful reads!
Lady E chapter 3 . 4/24/2012
Wow. I am blown away. Utterly speechless. "(But you are the Potter, I guess you know best.)" - such a humble admittance is the key in Christian life, and yet you do not end with that but continue and continue, tentative, questioning, reaching and searching. Though the end is a question, my irresistable impulse is to blurt out the answer, my answer: "But He does!" "Take courage, it is I" (what a beautiful line) resounds in my ears every morning I wake up and every night before I sleep. I pray that it may be the case for you as well. God bless. :)
Joe the sorta Wise chapter 3 . 4/24/2012
A very interesting contrast with your other work.

I don't know if I agree with you about the suffering in your life coming from God. Doesn't it just come from other people and the things around you?
Getuie chapter 3 . 4/24/2012
*takes deep breath* wow... This has to be one of the best poems I have had the pleasure of reading. No only describing the pain of us molded in His hands, but the love, care, thought that He puts in His work as He molds us. You give the parallels so distinctly while still only focusing on the perspective of the one. It is really something amazing. And the last pleas... Superb
Anastasia Who chapter 2 . 4/24/2012
Powerful poem. Your poems are very good and really express your love for God. Great work.
suzieque2 chapter 2 . 4/24/2012
hm... I don't know
Getuie chapter 2 . 4/24/2012
You draw the picture so well... but you would when you know personally what you speak of, wouldn't you? In a book I'm currently reading called 'Grace in ungracious places' the writer defines trust as 'relying on God when He seems unreliable'. Your poem reminded me of that.
Butterfly Radcliffe chapter 2 . 4/24/2012
Wow. Beautiful job!

Faith, Hope and Love
Wasted Postage chapter 2 . 4/24/2012
You are such an amazing poet. Your poetry is so...dynamic and...just incredible. There really is nothing I can say that would do this poem justice. It is already astounding.

Amazing work!

*AbunaiChikara
Sa-ah chapter 2 . 4/24/2012
A lot of imigery is there for the few words you used. Beautiful... Bravo.
Deana Bell chapter 2 . 4/24/2012
Incredibly powerful. It feels like the words are scratching at the page somehow...it's great. "when all/that’s left of/Your daughter/is a raw scream/for mercy." Amazing description.

This is going on my favs.

-God bless-
LadyBVR chapter 2 . 4/24/2012
"nailed to the bed

of suffering" - Day-mn girl! _ I am assuming you're a girl of course...I love this, there's an angsty elegance to it...*sigh*

Blessings my Sister in Faith