Reviews for Capital Punishment is Wrong Full Stop
Wandering Philosopher chapter 1 . 6/19/2004
Alright. I'm going to address all the points in your essay, or at least all teh points I can see. First off, you say that no one born evil. I agree. I think human's are born naturally neutral, and it depends on the stimuli they are exposed to. Some people have really bad upbringings and can't be helped, because they have lost faith in mankind. I don't really agree with you on the whole " it harms the victim" thing. In my opinion the only poeple who should get death row are murdurers, so there will be no victims. The victim will be six feet under. It helps society in general by protecting them from the offender. Finally, the people to take the blame for the innocent person's life will be the investigators
Evilmonkeys chapter 1 . 5/7/2004
well its me! im bored and thought id review some of your stuff! i like it, especially the way you don't just reel off the same old arguments but make up your own. i'd tell you to keep writing (as i seem to tell everyone - odd that!) but you will anyway. bye and hugs C
On Mercury chapter 1 . 4/30/2004
VERY GOOD I DO APPLAUDE YOU! Sorry, but I do really agree with that. I also have something else to add!
If you kill someone for someone else, then look at it this way: You are about 4 or 5, you are in the playground, and a kid walks up and pokes you in the eye. You scream your head off and poke him right back. What does the teacher say? "You shouldn't just do the same thing back to that person just because they did it to you" or something along those lines, because it is CHILDISH! You're just as bad as that person! Aren't you?
So, if you did make that point, I apologise for writing such a long review. Anyway, bye!
Steph
Guin chapter 1 . 4/29/2004
I completly agree with you. What gives us the right to decide on whther a person should live or die?
Loganberry chapter 1 . 4/29/2004
"It's barbaric and cruel and damages society and individuals the world over."
Says it all, really, and I heartily agree with you. Of course, to be consistent that means I have to oppose the execution of, say, Saddam Hussein. Which I do.
I'm also completely in agreement that killing the perpetrator of a crime is only going to make it harder to find out why it happened, and hopefully stop it happening in the future. The solicitor representing most of Harold Shipman's victims expressed a view very like this when he killed himself.
In fact I'd go further than you: except in a tiny minority of cases where the criminal remains a threat to the public, I don't support "whole life tariffs" either. I think the mandatory life sentence for murder is a bad idea; sentencing someone to, say, 30 years would be better all round in most cases.
Eagle Seance chapter 1 . 4/29/2004
Yay- go you! I definitely agree with everything u've said. Well done!