Reviews for Poison of the Roses
Lova Boy chapter 1 . 6/28/2004
Very nice, you are right, I did like it! You definitly are one of my favourite authors!
Sincerely,
Brian A.S.
hateselfhate chapter 1 . 5/23/2004
Wow, this is very cunning. I like this very much, roses mean so many things, love, angst... EXC.
invalid id chapter 1 . 5/2/2004
I love the word roses...this was outstanding, this is great stuff.
Fuinixe chapter 1 . 5/2/2004
Something I like:
Like chains and ropes they capture me
a promise never kept
their beauty and their danger
the tears that I have wept.
Something I don't like:
A secret love, a hidden fear.
A poison of the roses.
The reason I don't like those two lines is because of the punctuation. The first period should be a colon, a dash, a semicolon, anything but a period, to allow for continutity.
*checks all three boxes*
Love ya.
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 5/1/2004
wow thats pretty good!
nine iron chapter 1 . 5/1/2004
I seem to be obsessed with roses in my works, this is different. It is very well put together to convey the thaughts of the subject. "Roses are my poison" brilliant idea and so well done, great lines in this poem. It ends so well,the wording is really good. Talent overflows!
Nine Iron
Song of Innocence chapter 1 . 4/30/2004
Awesome poem. I have to agree, roses are my poison too. Check out "The Rose" by me. It has the same kind of ideas... anyways keep writing, I love it.
jigsaw chapter 1 . 4/30/2004
Overall, this is a nice piece, but it does have flaws - occasionally the rhyming is confusing, and in lines like 'a sign of affection or a sign of death' and of this they demand I share' the rhythm kind of loses it. But it's still a good poem with lovely imagery!
Celest Covax chapter 1 . 4/30/2004
I liked that poem very much, and I feel very much the same way.
Cosmos Senshi chapter 1 . 4/30/2004
Excellent imagery! I love how you compare them to chains and ropes. Good job!