Reviews for Words
writingxonxwalls chapter 1 . 3/12/2008
congrats on the review marathon! here's your first review )

Wow- that was really intense. The topic of your poem was awesome, and I totally get what you were trying to say. "They say words are just words" PSH- NOT. Haha, sorry, had to get that out there. Sometimes people find this a "sore" subject and they use the defense that "They're just being dramatic!", but it's true, the words people say really do matter. Words like love and hate (among other things) shouldn't really be tossed around so carelessly as they are. Great job.

The last line ("Make me want to die?") seemed, to me, really dramatic and out of place. I understand what you're trying to go for, but the poem had the mood "You need to change- I'm sick of it." written all over it until the last line (which is probably why you catagorized it as angst). But that's just my opinion, maybe something that was going through your, the author's, mind gave insight to that line? I have no clue.

Great job on this poem! And congrats again on the review marathon!

-WxOxW
Carter Tachikawa chapter 1 . 5/16/2004
Short and straight to the point but nicely written. What you've said is the truth here. You've done it in only a few sentences so I commend you for that. Good poem, keep writing.
~CT
Juliet Squared chapter 1 . 5/15/2004
Words can hurt, I know from personal experience :-/ Nice, short poem, it gets right to the point. Well done. Hopefully people will be more careful of what they say.
Infinite Smiles chapter 1 . 5/15/2004
This reminds me of one of mine called " Empty words". It is true... words are just words, but words can hurt. You did a great job at portraying this. Smiles.
the insane floo pot chapter 1 . 5/14/2004
Oh simpleplan such a fasinating outlook on things you have... I've never really thought about the real implications and effects that they can have, I mean if you think about it I guess words are the most powerful weapons we have... the power to build and yet at the same time destroy people! Fabulous poem my dear... and definitely not a sucky poem... sorry but I still can't believe that people actually called your work anything less than what it is... amazing!
Violet Blues chapter 1 . 5/14/2004
Oh wow. So true.
-Violet
xxsimplicity chapter 1 . 5/13/2004
Very true. I like your poem.
pippin tomson chapter 1 . 5/12/2004
Your poems, as you know are dark, but they're very truthful and observent and I enjoy that about your work. I particulasry like the second to last line, it holds a lot of significance.
The Paperback Mummy chapter 1 . 5/11/2004
Very true. I especially hate it when people throw around the word "love". *nods*
confused being99 chapter 1 . 5/10/2004
Wow...so true...its amayzing work, great job, keep writing
~confused being99~
HideAwayFairy chapter 1 . 5/9/2004
This is so true. Even one tiny word can make the difference between life or death, sadness or joy. Very short and yet so powerful. You have a way with words.
Unchained Soul chapter 1 . 5/8/2004
So true... thanx for writing this, at least someone understands how words are underrated. I agree with u on this 200% and it's really well-written... "then why would words make me cry?" The last 2 lines are the most powerful.
Mime chapter 1 . 5/8/2004
Oh, I'm sorry to hear about your bad reviews. It is really disgusting how some people can simply fling around words as if they don't mean a thing. On the bright side, this is a strong poem, one of your best yet, methinks.
[Btw, mercury was the answer to the riddle poem. Thanks for taking time to R&R it.] _
Deana Bell chapter 1 . 5/8/2004
This is very inspirational. We all need to think more before we just throw out such powerful words.
-God bless-