Reviews for Nothing
totallyinspired chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
whoa! this is really deep and expressive. and the rhyme and flow are very well done. This has a really good message that hit the heart. totally on the favourites :-)
sealednectar chapter 1 . 11/17/2005
Woah! Wow. It's extraordinary. I love the rhythm, the rhyme, the words. It's perfect.
Jenna Mann chapter 1 . 11/17/2005
I liked it, however... some things seemed out ofplace, and some words seem like they may have been chosen just to rhyme.
Deirdra Chaeli chapter 1 . 9/1/2004
oh my... that's so beautiful, and so sad, like a flower encased in ice. Am I correct in assuming "he" is you? Either way, it's beautiful.
DrkSiLeNcEaNgeL chapter 1 . 7/6/2004
WOW ..this is a really good poem with soo many rhymes and loss.i hope ya write more
Jeff blair chapter 1 . 6/4/2004
You definitely convey feelings of strong passion and emotion here. I think the "But . . .There is no" is the strongest part because it lends a conversational, confessional feel to your ideas. I also read two other poems. "Lost inside the Melancholy" powerfully creates that emotion. I think it could be even stronger if you eliminated some prepositional phrases. I know that sounds very "grammatical," but prepositions link an object to the rest of the sentence, and you can acheive more focus on that object without the prep itself. I enjoyed"If Only" because of the numerous concrete images it contains. Strong imagery and concrete detail lend power to a writer's ideas and allow you to "show" instead of tell." With your poems, I was impressed that you were able to rhyme without the rhymes feeling overly forced. It did strike me, however, that you frequently use endstop (even without the punctuation). In other words, you end an utterance or idea at the end of a line, which adds emphasis to that rhyme. It might be fun for you to experiment with fewere rhymes or with the rhyme not being so emphasized. Mr. Current, you clearly have talent, and I am so grateful that you let me read your work. I'm excited to see where your writing takes you.
-Jeff Blair
Claudia chapter 1 . 5/15/2004
First of all... Congratulations...you are an amazing poet. I'm amazed on how many poems you have got. This is the first one I read and I'm surprised on your style. I totally loved it!. I still haven't got a fiction press membership , but I'm planning to do so on a few minutes... so I will be looking forward for your new poems
Keep up the good work
Love,
Claudia
Steel Winged Angel chapter 1 . 5/11/2004
Some things are never meant to be. Oh how it hurts you, how it hurts me. How I hate the day of birth, dealing with fair love's cruel curse. Inside we all die, we all cry for the one we love...the one we lost.
Hawke
Whips and Chains chapter 1 . 5/4/2004
nothing? nothing seems to be a pretty big something...good job
GogoDidi chapter 1 . 5/2/2004
too see how much pain one brings into your life, it almst hurts, but you already know that. good writing
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 5/2/2004
ah that was nice, a tad on the long side but nice.
Matthew James Current chapter 1 . 5/2/2004
Thank you Ahlam. And I am from America, even though I was born in Japan, and feel as though I could die in Germany and be content because it is so beautiful along the Rhein. Thank you for asking.
Ahlam chapter 1 . 5/2/2004
Damn your good! you have such a good talent Matt keep it up. Write more!
1 question. R u from america?
Slashzilla chapter 1 . 5/2/2004
I have to admit the only thing I found wrong with this poem is that for some reason, I can't pronounce "abominably."
That's I think the only thing wrong with this poem.
P.S. I am in no way a better person than you, Matt. On a scale of 1 to 10 of good people, everyone else is a 10 and I am a 1.
Karasu no sei chapter 1 . 5/2/2004
Ouch... this is so angsty... Beautiful and self-hurting and sad...
Karasu