Reviews for The Wind from the Plateau
Voodooqueen126 chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
You've repeated yourself.
Wraithlord42 chapter 1 . 7/10/2005
This is a weird, twisted world, and I'm wondering just how you got to this kind of conclusion. I'm also a little annoyed that you equate this "breakdown in sexual morals" with a complete collapse of society. This is one of the tools people use to keep gay marriage illegal, and we can just see how everything has fallen apart in the Netherlands and Belgium. So I can see how the non-marriage and the accepted homosexuality could come about (as it actually has in this world) but not the paedophilia. "Loose" sexual morals are accepted in this world because they don't inflict any harm on anyone. Paedophilia and sadism are psychologically damaging and /would/ lead to a complete collapse. But how on earth a society devolved from liberal views on sexuality to an utterly flesh-crazed culture I leave it to you to explain. All I can say is: it hasn't happened yet.
Anne chapter 1 . 11/14/2004
This was interesting-while it gives an image of a world where sex is viewed completely differently, I think somehow the piece could've worked better if it was-well, less extreme. this story actually kinda made me wonder, "why is meaningless sex wrong?" In a world like this, it's obviously taken too far, like with the case of using the children. But say the children thing is taken out, because they actually do consider the children human. Then wouldn't all this sex be between consenting adults? If they don't care, then what IS wrong with it? Or like, deviant sex-when you aren't manipulating people who can't give their consent, like children, what exactly is wrong with it? I'm assuming there's an absence of god in this world/society/culture, and in that sense, doesn't that sort of mean that people are free to make their own decisions about sex? While this gives an interesting perspective of a world where sexual desires are indulged in as much as the people want, it doesn't really give me much immoral or anti-sex feeling, just because it doesn't seem to really-touch on reasons, I guess? If that was your intention. It's very interesting, though, and well written.
Stormer chapter 1 . 9/21/2004
This is a really interesting story. I feel for the caged kids. But then again, you have just illustrated a very different culture. With very different opinions of sex. Intriguing. I'm not really sure what to think of the subject matter overall, but I think your writing is some of the most interesting at . Keep going, please! We need writers who dare to be different!
twilek chapter 1 . 8/11/2004
wow! kinda sick, but i liked it. it was good! good job! its like 1984 too, but more sex. just kidding. good job!
Solve chapter 1 . 7/6/2004
In the sentance "Once the children grew up, they were adults, and they were given to the masochists to do what they wished with them, although a good majority of the masochists preferred children anyway." It seems like "sadists" would fit better than "masochists". A masochist is one who enjoys having pain inflicted on them, a sadist is one who enjoys inflicting pain on others (sometimes children, if they're pedophiles as well).
Cool Guy chapter 1 . 7/2/2004
Were you mad at your friends after you heard them talk about sex in such a way? Even though I don't know you, I get this "Vibe".
hey chapter 1 . 6/28/2004
EEP! Sorry I'm so late in reviewing. But then again, seeing as I read them before you update them, why should I even review? Do you know why?
It's 'cause I'm NICE, oh bossy one.
Be grateful.
Anonymous-cat chapter 1 . 5/2/2004
whoa! Very mature theme here. Sounds like a sorry, twisted world.