Reviews for The Toe Monster
kjforce chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
OMG...that was awesome !...however with my sicko twisted way of thinking I could relate to your words and thought process...and this story was unappreciated by book evaluators ? is that what I understood? Well after reading some of your stories, may I suggest you put them in a book of short stories and have it published? I have used a self pub..NO $$..and you can promote the book yourself.."I hav my vays " (that is I have my ways..spoken with the dialect of Marlena Dietrich voice or Arnold Swartzehagger)anyway love the twist..kinda Stephen King...

Keep on writing..I am an author/writer..humor on living with the "quirks" of life..weedbychoice..kjforce
illogicalThinker chapter 2 . 6/20/2011
i like the second one better.
illogicalThinker chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
OMG.
Scribbification chapter 2 . 5/10/2011
I liked the first ending better-the second seemed a little... bleh. Bland. It was well written at the beginning, but then it became like Old Yeller and tapered out. The first: excellent. The second: okay. Just my opinion P

-Omega
hopefaithgrace chapter 2 . 1/21/2007
ha ha,

toe monsters. The first ending was better but no offence it wasn't really scary just funny. But I liked it, I can't write horror stories and I hate to addmit some freak me out but this one was good. Was it meant to be a joke? If not I didn't mean to offend you. Whoa that is the second time I have said that.
phoenixwriter666 chapter 2 . 12/22/2006
I like the second ending better because it concerns a mental institution and I like stories about mental people for some reason...I think it has to do something with Samara Morgan from The Ring...

The whole story was really cool!

BTW, Brian is my favorite boy's name.
pneumothorax chapter 2 . 8/29/2005
When the mother's dragged off under the bed, it seems more unrealistic. I like the final 2nd ending.
Lady Glass chapter 2 . 7/29/2005
Wow, this was a very original story compared to most of the other stuff on this site. I'm just going to have to look harder now that I found out some people do have talent here!

I liked the first ending better. The second ending was too...dumb. No offense. It's just that, the mother getting killed as well? It was too much I think. And it's happened too many times, the kid or whatever sees something and gets sent to a crazy home.

The first one was more...not unexpected...but it just doesn't happen often. Most people lean toward your second ending when writing.

Anyway, yeah. Great story. It's definitely going on my favorites list.

Thanks for a great read.

Luv, Scrunchii
jovian-w2002 chapter 2 . 7/18/2005
Im starting to be a huge fan of your stories! This is really creepy. lol. Morale - do not corrupt a mind of a child. A lie may come true lol :P Great Job!
Ayunami Yori chapter 2 . 5/27/2005
Woah...that really made me laugh, but god it was grossish. I like the first ending better, for two reasons-firstly it was more well-written, or at least it seemed that way, for whatever reason. Secondly, if the toe monster is invisible, why is it seen (or at least parts of it) in the second ending? Just a plot point that wrankled me. Plus, the first gives Brian a bit more of his own medicine then the second, where he just dies all of a sudden. Excellent story, all in all.
zoomphy chapter 2 . 5/16/2005
This story takes awhile to build, but it definitely packs a punch. I also like the use of performative language.

Oh, and...I like the first ending.
Syluna of Pyrdegin chapter 2 . 5/2/2005
I like people driven nuts. This ending slightly reminds me of that new movie, Boogieman. It was supposed to be scary, but it ended up hilarious. Eh, this ending came out kinda... lame. It was a good idea, but it tripped and fell flat. So, my vote goes to numero uno, amigo.
Scraper chapter 2 . 4/30/2005
These were such terrible endings! Not terrible as in it was bad, but terrible because both were just so tragic! I really loved this, and both endings are fine, although I can't really figure out which one I liked more.

I had always been against kids being taught that things like ghosts and toothfairies (and in my country the ever popular manananggal, which is a woman that grows wings and separates her torso from her lower body by nightfall, and uses a long straw-like tongue to suck out her victim's entrails), because theymay traumatize the kid. My parents made a mistake by telling me that Santa Clause really exists, and I still kind of feel sad about it until today. :(

I really felt that the father deserves some more punishment, so I guess the first one was better because he sees the horror of that little lie (However, the kid suffers in both, first being eaten, the next going insane). This was one of the first stories (The Shining was one of them) I've read that even vaguely creeped me out! GREAT WORK and I'll definitely read your other stories! _
littlest clouds chapter 2 . 4/20/2005
personally, i prefer the second ending.
daphnegray78 chapter 2 . 4/7/2005
Awesome story. I definately like the scond ending best, though. I dunno, call me weird-but it just fits beeter. Anyhoo, you did a really good job with this. Well done! _

Daphne