Reviews for Gas Light Memoirs
mushroom-hunter-d chapter 7 . 6/12/2004
*applause*
Very well done, I hope to see more of your work in the future.
LifeUnlived chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
Wow, very… mysterious to put it plainly. This is very well done. I’d like to invite you to a writing forum. I hope you enjoy the community and share some of your interesting works.
mushroom-hunter-d chapter 5 . 5/29/2004
Hey there,
thanks for the clarification.
No nitpicks this time, well done.
As always, I await the next chapter.
Cire chapter 5 . 5/28/2004
Terry & Mushroom-Hunter-D, thanks for your comments. I am glad that you are enjoying it.
M-H-D,
Gaston's reference to "mixed company" is actually a playful jibe at Clive. His comment is in reference to the fact that he and Santiago are members of the Unselli Council and Clive is not. Gaston is a joker as well as an optimist, his creak is meant to lighten-up the situation, but it is over Clive's head.
Terry,
I'm afraid this version of the Memoirs is after its second rewrite and after countless other edits, there might have been some typographical error. I apologize and shall do my best to correct further mistakes.
Terry chapter 4 . 5/24/2004
I believe the story very good so far. there are some spelling errors (more due to typeographical i would assume) other than that i couldn't spot any problems with it. everything flows quite well, and i quite like the use of first person.
good work all round :)
will look forward to the next chapter.
mushroom-hunter-d chapter 4 . 5/24/2004
hey again,
your maniacal fan here _
Another lovely chapter, as always, can't wait for more.
*nitpick time* "We are in mixed company." this usually means that there are both men and women in the company, however i gather at that stage there weren't, so i'm not sure what you mean by this phrase.
Other than that, flawless.
mushroom-hunter-d chapter 3 . 5/21/2004
hey there,
i probably shouldn't review every chapter, but i love this story, and i can't wait to find out what happens next.
*nitpicking mode* "...took a stance of infinitesimal patience." i'm not sure if infinitesimal is the right word for this sentance, "tiny patience" seems wrong to me, i'm not sure what you intended by this phrase.
Read it. Loved it. Added it to favourites. Good work.
Cire chapter 1 . 5/19/2004
Thank you, Mushroom-hunter-d and Tobemora for your reviews
mushroom-hunter-d chapter 2 . 5/9/2004
hey there,
wow, this is brilliant, i love your writing style, it reminds me so much of all those old english mystery books.
The only thing that stood out to me was the use of hands to measure Santiago's height in the first chapter. Hands are used for measuring horses, and seeing it used in that context, especially by someone who was not (it seems) that familiar with horses, jarred a bit.
i think the plot here is facinating and i do hope you continue with this work.
- [)
Tobemora chapter 1 . 5/3/2004
What a wonderful beginning! Your language is rich and fulfilling, and your knowledge is incredible! How do you find such a wealth of information? This is exactly the point in time that I like to write about as well. I'm afraid my writing doesn't compare to yours, however. I look forward to reading much more of your work!
_Tobemora